Total is a multipurpose WordPress theme that comes bundled with WPBakery Page Builder and Revolution Slider. Learn how to build multilingual WordPress sites with Total theme and WPML.
- Getting Started
- Translating Pages
- Translating Staff, Portfolio, and Testimonials Pages
- Translating Staff, Portfolio, and Testimonials Categories
- Translating Texts From Total Theme, Plugins and Other Places
- Translating Menus
- Translating Sliders
- Known Issues
- Getting Help
- Need Help With Building and Maintaining Your Site?
Start by downloading and activating the following:
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
With WPML, you can choose between two translation modes:
- The Translate Everything mode, which translates your site’s content as you add or edit it. You can also choose to review the translations before publishing them to ensure they’re correct.
- The Translate Some mode, which lets you decide what content to translate, and who will translate it. Choose between translating the content yourself, assigning it to an individual translator, or hiring a professional translation agency.
The Total theme comes bundled with the WPBakery Page Builder.
Visit our documentation page to learn how to translate pages built with the WPBakery Page Builder.
The Total theme comes with custom post types such as Portfolio, Staff, and Testimonials. To learn more, see our guide to translating custom post types.
It’s important to remember that before you begin translating custom post types, you will need to set them as Translatable. You can do this by going to WPML → Settings and scrolling down to the Post Types Translation section.
In the example below, we’ll show you how to translate a Staff page by yourself.
- Go to the page you’d like to translate. From the Language box, click the plus icon next to the language you want to translate your page into.
- This will take you to the Advanced Translation Editor. If you have translation credits, you can automatically translate your content and review the translations. Otherwise, enter the translations for each line and click Complete once you’re done.
You can translate Staff, Portfolio, and Testimonials Categories in the same way you would translate post categories and custom taxonomies.
Here, we’ll show you how to translate Staff Categories from a central menu.
- Go to WPML → Taxonomy Translation. Using the drop-down menu, select the taxonomy you want to translate.
- Click the plus icon next to each term to add your translations.
Besides the content coming from your posts and pages, there are usually some additional texts coming from other places. These texts usually come from your theme and plugins.
To learn how to translate these texts, read our documentation page about translating strings.
With WPML, you can translate your menus automatically, manually, or sync them across all of your languages. For more information, please see our guide to translating menus.
Total comes bundled with Slider Revolution. To learn how to translate any slider created using the Slider Revolution plugin, read our documentation on how to create multilingual sliders using Slider Revolution.
In case you need help translating your site built using Total and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.
If you need help with building or maintaining your site, take a look at our list of WPML Contractors. They are experienced developers specialized in developing multilingual sites.