Resolved in: WPML 4.0.7
Updating the translation of a global item following the steps below results in loading a blank Translation Editor page:
- Navigating to Fusion Builder -> Library.
- Click on the Edit link.
- In the language meta box, click the pen icon to update the translation.
This issue arises only when you update the default language text of a global element from within any page.
To overcome this issue, follow the steps below:
- Update the default language global element from within the Element Library screen by navigating to Fusion Builder -> Library.
- Click on the Element Setting icon.
- Update the element to your liking and Save the element then Update.
- In the language meta box, you click on the spinning arrows icon to update the translation. This takes you to the Translation Editor page.
- Notice that the older translated text is preserved. Translate the updated text, tick the Translation is complete for each field, then Save & Close.
This updates the translated version of the global element across your website.