Reported for: WPML Multilingual CMS 3.3.6
The issue occurs with the WPML Media Translation plugin active.
When duplicating a post that contains a gallery added through a shortcode with listed image IDs, a “No items found” message is displayed in the translated post editor instead of a proper gallery preview.
The issue concerns only the preview in the editor – all images are correctly attached to the post, visible and correctly translated on the front-end.
There are two workarounds in this case.
1. Use a simple
[gallery] shortcode instead of the one with IDs listed, i.e.
[gallery ids="1, 2, 3"]
Please note that in this case, gallery will display all images attached to a given post.
You can read more about WordPress Gallery shortcodes at http://codex.wordpress.org/Gallery_Shortcode.
2. Add the images manually to the translated post gallery.
To do this, use the following steps:
- Click the Edit button in the gallery preview (the one with the pencil icon).
- Choose the “Add to Gallery” tab.
- Choose the “Media Library” tab.
- Filter the listed images, choosing the “Uploaded to this post” option.
- Select all the required images and click the “Add to gallery” button (at the bottom right).
- Click the “Update gallery” button (at the bottom right).
All images should now be visible in the preview.