Reported for: WPML Multilingual CMS 4.4.8
Overview of the issue
You might have problem visualizing the contents of a Visual tab in the Classic Translation Editor.
This was introduced by the WordPress 5.6 and it will be fixed in WordPress core:
Don’t hesitate to make a full backup of your site before proceeding.
We have currently 5 possible workarounds:
- You can use Advanced Translation Editor.
- Alternatively, you can also install the Enable jQuery Migrate Helper plugin.
- You can click the Text tab and then return back to Visual tab in the Classic Translation Editor interface.
- You can also:
- Edit your wp-config.php file.
- Just after line:
define( 'DB_COLLATE', '' );
- Add this:
- Finally, you can add the following snippet in your functions.php theme file.
add_filter( 'wp_default_editor', create_function( '', 'return "html";' ) );