This week, we are glad to present an interview with Semantix, a full-service agency for language services and also one of our integrated translation partners.
1. How long has your service been translating?
Semantix has been in the translation industry since 1975.
Semantix as a brand, was created in connection with a change in ownership in 2006 and through a merge of several companies and brands. We were thereby able to meet our customers’ needs for both a broad and specialized range of language services.
2. Where are you located?
We are a Swedish company with a global presence.
Semantix has local offices in the following countries and cities:
Sweden: Stockholm (HQ) and call centers in Gothenburg, Malmö, Umeå, and Uppsala.
Denmark: Copenhagen, Vejle, and Aarhus.
Norway: Oslo and Stavanger.
3. What are your specializations?
Semantix offers services in translation, technical language solutions, management services, language training, and interpreting.
4. How often do you translate websites?
Our biggest customers for website translations are travel agencies, hotels, small and medium-sized businesses, multinational companies, and e-commerce websites.
We translate websites on a weekly basis.
5. What kinds of WordPress websites do you translate most often?
«Our most frequent website translations are for travel agencies, hotels, and e-commerce websites.»
6. What challenges do you find in WordPress websites?
WordPress websites usually contain many kinds of different content. The challenge is to help our customers with a plugin that supports as much content as possible.
7. How do you ensure that translations are accurate and match the tone of the website?
Our professional linguists improve the style, tone, and flow of your written material.
«The language is tailored for the market in which the text will be presented. Where desired, a reviewer can also examine the text to double-check that these criteria have been met.»
8. Can you give some examples of recent WordPress translations that you have completed successfully?
Our latest website translation is for a growing Swedish company, Wehunt AB. We have translated the website https://www.wehuntapp.com/ into English, Danish, and Norwegian.
Ready to send content for professional translation?
Are you interested in taking your translations to the next level by using a professional translation service?
- Make sure to have WPML Translation Management and WPML String Translation activated in your site.
- In the WordPress admin, go to the WPML -> Translation Management page and click the Translation Services tab.
- Activate the translation service of your preference and authenticate it. For this, you will need to create an account on that service’s website.
- Go to the Translation Dashboard on the WPML -> Translation Management page and select content to send for translation. Add selected content to the Translation Basket.
- Finally, go to the Translation Basket tab, select to translate it using the selected translation service and send it for translation.
You can find the full instructions on the page about sending content for translation.