You can manually install a plugin using its ZIP file. Usually, you get a plugin’s ZIP file in the WordPress plugin repository or by downloading it from the author’s webpage.
Once you have the plugin’s ZIP file, follow these steps:
- In the WordPress admin, go to the Plugins page and click Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button and then click Choose File.
- In the window that appears, select the plugin’s ZIP file.
- Click the Install Now button and wait for the page to reload. It might take a bit, depending on the file size, your internet connection, and the speed of your site.
- Once the page reloads, click the Activate Plugin button.
And that’s it! You just manually installed a plugin onto your WordPress site.