Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tom 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 21, 2020 at 7:44 pm #5543579

Tom

hi there,

the online booking form in the secondary language (hidden link) is not translated.

some of the strings eg. service, location, Optometrist, etc are found in the string translation under wpamelia and have been translated but just dont show up in the form.

however, some strings eg. Children's Eye Test (in the dropdown of Service) are not even found in the string translation at all.

some strings are found and translated eg. continue (button text) in the string translation under wpamelia.

we have contacted amelia support. they said its wpml's job. below is their answer. any idea? thanks in advance.

dr, tom

Marija replied
1 hour ago
Hello Tom,

Could you tell us what other issues do you have that makes it hard for you to work with Amelia? We could maybe help out.

Regarding WPML I am not that familiar with that plugin but using other languages in Amelia works like this (for the languages that are available in Amelia) - you change the lamguage in WordPress general settings and that applies to Amelia. The files that need to be there for the language to be shown are .po and .mo files in the languages folder in Amelia folder (wp-content/plugins/ameliabooking). We don't know how the other plugin works , where does it takes the strings from, do you need to have them in po files or not. It would be best if you could ask them how does the plugin work and do you need to have .po files. Before doing this please delete cache if you have not already done that.

Best Regards,

Marija Ristanovic
marija.ristanovic@tms-outsource.com
UNQUOTE

February 25, 2020 at 7:39 am #5559701

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I found no tickets related to Amelia plugin and personally I do not know much how it works, so I suggest we go with the following route from the start, in case we will need to reach out our compatibility team:
hidden link

This is a clean sandbox installation, where WPML is already configured. Can you perhaps install Amelia there and only create (or import) one of your forms, so that we can have a look on how to translate it?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 25, 2020 at 12:39 pm #5562309

Tom

hi bruno, thanks for your reply.

we have installed amelia plugin and created the online booking page.
hidden link

look forward to hearing from you shortly. thanks a lot!

br, tom

February 25, 2020 at 1:39 pm #5562817

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It seems like that all plugin settings are stored in one JSON file. I was able to somehow translate these values, when you see GERMAN next to it, however I did it in a bit strange way by doing the following:
hidden link

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="amelia_settings"/>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Once I did the above, I "translated" the whole JSON file into another language. However, it still did not work, so I had to modify the translated JSON files, namely some of the strings that appear in this form. Only when a modified these values here, translations started working -> translations which I added like this (see images). So the plugin is clearly not communicating well with WPML or at all.

So in a nutshell, if you want WPML to accept string translation values, you need to make any kind of modification on those strings on translated JSON file which contains all the data coming from the plugin itself. And this would need to be done on each new form item added...

This is why I escalated the whole case to our compatibility team, even though I am not sure if they will find something because these options don't seem to be coded in a WPML compatible way.

Before I get some feedback from compatibility team, can you perhaps suggest plugin authors to reach us out like this as well?
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

added DE.jpg
translated string.jpg
February 25, 2020 at 2:44 pm #5563275

Tom

hi there,

i got this below notice but i want to provide more information to the same support guy on the same thread. opening a new thread will require me to describe the whole issue and a new support person to and understand the whole thing all over again!!

This thread is marked as escalated to Compatibility team. Support staff may not reply to more posts. If you need further assistance from our staff, please start a new thread.

br,
tom

February 25, 2020 at 2:59 pm #5563531

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

No worries about that message, I will be updating this thread as I gather info from our Compatibility team, no need for you to open new tickets :).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 25, 2020 at 3:29 pm #5564251

Tom

hi bruno, thank you for your quick response. i'd like to provide you with more information that i have received from the plugin author. below is the latest three emails we exchanged.

i think there are three different kinds of text here.

1. those found in wpml strings and translatable e.g. CONTINUE (the button text), etc.

2. those found in wpml strings and NOT translatable e.g. PLEASE SELECT SERVICE, SERVICE, LOCATION, etc.
ONE QUESTION FOR YOU
I see these texts on your link have been translated. How did you manage to do that in the WPML strings? As you can see from hidden link, those texts still show English even though they have been translated in the wpml strings. any idea?

3. those NEITHER found in wpml strings NOR translatable e.g. Children's Eye Test under SERVICE, etc. - this is what they call dynamic

any idea to their comments below?

You replied
4 minutes ago
Hi Marija,

Thanks for your reply.

Could your team reach out to WPML by completing their Go Global Program so that they will help make your plugin WPML compatible for multilingual sites?

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

BR,

Tom

Marija replied
1 day ago on Monday at 12:20pm
Hello Tom,

That is why I mentioned this in the brackets - that Amelia can work on multilingual sites only for the static strings and not the dynamic ones, unfortunately.

We don't have any work-around for this. We have this feature in our plan for future implementations but for now I can't say when this will be added and released.

You are welcome. Sorry I couldn't help more at this point.

Best Regards,

Marija Ristanovic
marija.ristanovic@tms-outsource.com

wpDataTables: FAQ | Facebook | Twitter | Front-end and back-end demo | Docs

Amelia: FAQ | Facebook | Twitter | Amelia demo sites | Docs

You can try out wpDataTables add-ons before purchase on these sandbox sites:

Powerful Filters | Gravity Forms Integration for wpDataTables | Formidable Forms Integration for wpDataTables

You replied
1 day ago on Monday at 11:30am
Hi Marija,

Thanks for your reply.

What you have said, "But I know that we had users in the past who used such plugins, like Polylang and WPML, and had Amelia on multilingual sites and it worked properly. (for static strings of course, the dynamic ones like services names and notifications can't be translated that way)." baffled me.

You sounded like Amelia works on multilingual sites with plugins like Polylang and WPML and the dynamic strings can be translated in another way. But, in fact, Amelia is not compatible with WPML, the most popular multilingual plugin for WordPress sites, isn't it?

How can you say Amelia works on multilingual sites when service names and notifications cannot be translated?

Do you have a work-around which allow us to translate service names and notifications on a multilingual site?

Thanks a lot!

BR, Tom
UNQUOTE

February 25, 2020 at 3:33 pm #5564275

Tom

hi bruno, a new amelia's support email just came in as follows. any idea?

Marija replied
5 minutes ago
Hello Tom,

You are welcome.

Thank you for the suggestion and the link I will forward it to the management so they can consider it.

But, please check if adding the po files to the languages folder would help, since I know some users use WPML and translated the static strings successfully. And regarding the dynamic strings they are not translatable for now, and that Go Global Program wouldn't help for this unfortunately, so they won't be translatable until we implement this option in the future.

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to open a new ticket and we will gladly help,

Best Regards,

Marija Ristanovic
UNQUOTE

February 26, 2020 at 7:12 am #5568225

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Everything mentioned in this reply sums this up perfectly, both your investigation and their reply:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/amelia-online-booking-form-not-translated/#post-5564251

As for your question on how I was able to translate them on that site, I did it somehow by modifying strings directly in the JSON file.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/amelia-online-booking-form-not-translated/#post-5562817

This is hardly maintainable solution, but if you wish, I could record a short video on how I did this because it is a bit difficult to explain.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 26, 2020 at 7:53 am #5568315

Tom

hi bruno, thanks for your reply.

i will be grateful if you can send me a video on using json, which can be done in the admin panel. you may also send an email to support@azinity.com for my attention (TOM). thanks.

the way the plugin author has suggested creating a .po file in /plugins/ameliabooking/languages can only be done using FTP or SSH which makes it harder for our client to make booking form updates in the future.

look forward to hearing form you shortly. we need to deliver the project next monday. thanks.

so i dont think your compatibility team can do anything to fix the dynamic string issue. right?

br, tom

February 26, 2020 at 9:15 am #5568989

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This is one of the ways to get this working, but I just realised now that is not working properly for select field, as it adds the first translated value to the first item as well...

hidden link

"so i dont think your compatibility team can do anything to fix the dynamic string issue. right?"

Unfortunately that is correct - I believe this is much more than simple fix or a workaround, this will require major changes on the plugin and how it handles these values.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 26, 2020 at 9:15 am #5568993

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(Make sure to activate the audio when watching the video)

February 26, 2020 at 10:15 am #5569475

Tom

hi there,

thank you so much for the clip. we have managed to change some strings as you can see on the below link.
hidden link

however, something in your debug site must have prevented "location" to show. i cannot find "location" in the bunch of code as shown below. any idea?

{"general":{"timeSlotLength":1800,"serviceDurationAsSlot":false,"defaultAppointmentStatus":"approved","minimumTimeRequirementPriorToBooking":0,"minimumTimeRequirementPriorToCanceling":0,"numberOfDaysAvailableForBooking":365,"phoneDefaultCountryCode":"auto","requiredPhoneNumberField":true,"requiredEmailField":false,"itemsPerPage":12,"gMapApiKey":"","addToCalendar":true,"defaultPageOnBackend":"Dashboard","showClientTimeZone":false,"redirectUrlAfterAppointment":"http:\/\/clients.azinity.com\/brighteroptical\/contact\/","customFieldsUploadsPath":"","sortingServices":"nameAsc"},"company":{"pictureFullPath":"","pictureThumbPath":"","name":"Brighter Optical Company","address":"G\/F., 7 Sai Yeung Choi South Street, Mongkok, Kowloon","phone":"+85227718640","website":"http:\/\/www.brighteroptical.com\/"},"notifications":{"mailService":"php","smtpHost":"","smtpPort":"","smtpSecure":"ssl","smtpUsername":"","smtpPassword":"","mailgunApiKey":"","mailgunDomain":"","senderName":"Patti Chan","senderEmail":"patti.chan@brighteroptical.com","notifyCustomers":true,"smsAlphaSenderId":"Amelia","smsSignedIn":false,"smsApiToken":"","bccEmail":"","cancelSuccessUrl":"","cancelErrorUrl":""},"daysOff":[],"weekSchedule":[{"day":"Monday","time":["10:00","18:00"],"periods":[{"time":["09:00","17:00"],"id":null,"serviceIds":[],"periodServiceList":[]}],"breaks":[],"form":{"type":null,"isNew":null,"index":null,"show":false,"data":[]}},{"day":"Tuesday","time":["10:00","18:00"],"periods":[{"time":["09:00","17:00"],"id":null,"serviceIds":[],"periodServiceList":[]}],"breaks":[],"form":{"type":null,"isNew":null,"index":null,"show":false,"data":[]}},{"day":"Wednesday","time":["10:00","18:00"],"periods":[{"time":["09:00","17:00"],"id":null,"serviceIds":[],"periodServiceList":[]}],"breaks":[],"form":{"type":null,"isNew":null,"index":null,"show":false,"data":[]}},{"day":"Thursday","time":["10:00","18:00"],"periods":[{"time":["09:00","17:00"],"id":null,"serviceIds":[],"periodServiceList":[]}],"breaks":[],"form":{"type":null,"isNew":null,"index":null,"show":false,"data":[]}},{"day":"Friday","time":["10:00","18:00"],"periods":[{"time":["09:00","17:00"],"id":null,"serviceIds":[],"periodServiceList":[]}],"breaks":[],"form":{"type":null,"isNew":null,"index":null,"show":false,"data":[]}},{"day":"Saturday","time":["11:00","21:00"],"periods":[{"time":["10:00","20:00"],"id":null,"serviceIds":[],"periodServiceList":[]}],"breaks":[],"form":{"type":null,"isNew":null,"index":null,"show":false,"data":[]}},{"day":"Sunday","time":["11:00","21:00"],"periods":[{"time":["10:00","20:00"],"id":null,"serviceIds":[],"periodServiceList":[]}],"breaks":[],"form":{"type":null,"isNew":null,"index":null,"show":false,"data":[]}}],"googleCalendar":{"clientID":"","clientSecret":"","redirectURI":"http:\/\/clients.azinity.com\/brighteroptical\/wp-admin\/admin.php?page=wpamelia-employees","showAttendees":false,"insertPendingAppointments":true,"addAttendees":true,"sendEventInvitationEmail":false,"removeGoogleCalendarBusySlots":false,"maximumNumberOfEventsReturned":50,"eventTitle":"%service_name%","eventDescription":""},"payments":{"currency":"HKD","symbol":"HK$","priceSymbolPosition":"before","priceNumberOfDecimals":2,"priceSeparator":1,"defaultPaymentMethod":"onSite","onSite":true,"coupons":true,"payPal":{"enabled":false,"sandboxMode":false,"liveApiClientId":"","liveApiSecret":"","testApiClientId":"","testApiSecret":""},"stripe":{"enabled":false,"testMode":false,"livePublishableKey":"","liveSecretKey":"","testPublishableKey":"","testSecretKey":""},"wc":{"enabled":false,"productId":""}},"activation":{"active":true,"purchaseCodeStore":"F449C-ED066-FD78C-0DF3A-0068C","envatoTokenEmail":"","version":"2.4"},"customization":{"primaryColor":"#2297BB","primaryGradient1":"#2297BB","primaryGradient2":"#226CBB","textColor":"#354052","textColorOnBackground":"#FFFFFF","font":"Lato"},"labels":{"enabled":true,"employee":"視光師","employees":"視光師","service":"服務","services":"服務"},"roles":{"allowConfigureSchedule":true,"allowConfigureDaysOff":true,"allowConfigureSpecialDays":true,"allowWriteAppointments":true,"automaticallyCreateCustomer":false,"inspectCustomerInfo":false,"allowCustomerReschedule":false,"allowWriteEvents":true,"allowCustomerDeleteProfile":false,"customerCabinet":{"enabled":false,"headerJwtSecret":"f07b81f237a04c294b32","urlJwtSecret":"cc099e82bde5f09f3e37","tokenValidTime":2592000,"pageUrl":"","loginEnabled":true}},"appointments":{"allowBookingIfPending":true,"allowBookingIfNotMin":true},"webHooks":[]}

February 26, 2020 at 10:18 am #5569493

Tom

hi bruno,

besides, is there a way to translate those so-called dynamic strings like "course1" under service and "a q" under employee on your debug site?

thanks a lot!

br, tom

February 26, 2020 at 10:22 am #5569607

Tom

hi bruno,

location is found in the string translation as shown below but just doesnt show up on the site.

wpamelia view in page

Translation complete

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.