Este es el foro de soporte técnico de WPML, el plugin multilingüe de WordPress.

Todas las personas pueden leerlo pero solo los clientes de WPML pueden ingresar comentarios. El equipo de WPML responde en el foro 6 días a la semana, durante 22 horas por día.

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 8 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by montserratC-3 hace 11 meses, 3 semanas.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Autor Publicaciones
octubre 19, 2018 a las 10:30 am #2831575

montserratC-3

Tell us what you are trying to do? Yesterday I published the translations a company have written for me in WMPL. But my surprise was that all the blog posts have the same date (yesterday's date). Is there any way to fix this and that the posts have their original date or I have to do it manually?
Moreover, I'm publishing new blog posts in English (second language) and their are not appearing in my blog section. Can you please help me with this?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

octubre 20, 2018 a las 10:01 pm #2834675

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

To achieve this please try the following steps :

1. Go to WPML->Settings->"Posts and pages synchronization ->Activate "Copy publishing date to translations"

This will automatically sync all posts.

To confirm you can go to Posts > Edit secondary language post ==> see date, it says "copied from original)

There is no need to update the posts.

let me know your results

octubre 22, 2018 a las 8:07 am #2837070

montserratC-3

Hi Bobby,

I already have active the option "Copy publishing date to translations" and I don't see "copied from original" in the posts. I have the date I published my translations (18/10/18). I've done the procedure again, and it seems that it's not working.
I've attache some images for you.
And as you will see, the new posts I published on 19/10/18 (I transalted them myself) are not published and I don't know why.
Thanks,

Noemí

octubre 22, 2018 a las 6:45 pm #2839508

Bobby
Supporter

if possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

octubre 23, 2018 a las 10:23 pm #2844154

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Noemi,

it seems that the feature did work but there must be some sort of incompatibility with a 3rd party plugin or theme because it only shows the correct date if you access the post

then click "edit" under the date, you will be able to see the correct date.

if you

ex. Post " GDPR is a reputational challenge that can seriously impact our organisations" shows 18 of october but if i click on edit it shows 1/29/18

which is the date of the original

if you click in the edit box for the date then save it and update the page the correct date will take effect as done with the above post

also i have test it and when creating new post translations the feature works as expected , you can search in the English posts a post translation with title "test wpml"

octubre 24, 2018 a las 8:11 am #2845240

montserratC-3

Hi Bobby,

unfortunately I don't see what you're explaining to me.
I'm trying to edit the date manually to each post and I still don't see the changes on the translated post. Can you please provide me with some screenshots steps to make sure I following the right instructions?

Moreover, I have published some new blog posts and even they have translation, the translation is not been published. I'm doing something wrong or I have some wrong configurations of the pluggin? When I translate the post, I check all the boxes and then I clic "Guardar y cerrar" that in English is "Save and close". But it's not being published. Do I have to click somewhere else?

Can you please help me with this two issues with my blog and my translations?
Thank you so much.

N.

octubre 24, 2018 a las 6:18 pm #2847524

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

i went to Posts->"¿Cómo utilizar los diarios periódicos de Dynamics NAV?"

Published
2018/09/28

click on "+" to add the translation (translated the title and bottom , body is still in Spanish) after the translations were added i checked the box for "translation is complete" and made sure that the status bar at the bottom is at 100% and pressed Save and Close

Todays Date : October 24 2018

Published Date : 2018/09/28 [same date as original]

hidden link

For example now the following post that is already published...

GDPR forces us to revise procedures with one protagonist: IT infrastructures

Published
2018/10/18

GDPR nos obliga a una revisión de procedimientos con un protagonista: las infraestructuras de TI

Published on: Feb 1, 2018 @ 09:00

to manually change the date , i accessed the edit for the default language of the post then used the top header language switcher to switch to English.

click on "edit anyway" on the warning

then click on edit under the date -> and you can see that the date is actually Feb 1, 2018 @ 09:00.

then click once within the box with the date and then click OK and update the page.

hidden link

octubre 24, 2018 a las 6:21 pm #2847614

Bobby
Supporter

Also , what are the new posts that are not showing in the front end.

Regarding the published date , it seems that the new posts are acting as expected but the ones that exist already need to be manually updated, even though the date shows.

i would like to do a further test to verify that this is not happening due to a third party plugin or theme as i was not able to replicate it with a clean install

to do this without affecting your site I created a test server for you in Cloudways (https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/).

If it is OK with you, we can migrate your content there to further debugging without any risk on your end.

***The copy of your site will be online, but search engines won't index it (the copy) so you don't have to worry about duplicate content.***

***The information you share with us will be confidential. Once the problem is resolved the details you shared with us will be deleted from our records. ***
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

octubre 25, 2018 a las 2:15 pm #2850113

montserratC-3

Hi Bobby! I already fixed the date of all the publications and the other problem I told you, so you do not need to open any server or copy the info of the website. It was all related with the post's dates.
Thank you so much!