Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 14, 2019 at 7:42 pm #4949717

leoV-7

I am trying to: translate contact form 7

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I am using this tutorial but I can't see "contact form" in translation management.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 1.40.46 PM.png
November 16, 2019 at 11:22 pm #4959473

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I think that is happening because you didn't install the "Contact Form 7 Multilingual" add-on plugin yet.

You should be able to install it from Your WordPress install > Plugins > Add new > Commercial - find it there, check the box and install it \ or you could also download it from your WPML.org account, from the downloads section.

Also, here is a bit more information that you can use for that process in case you never translated contact form 7 forms with WPML before:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

I hope that you will find it helpful! 🙂

Please let me know if that solved the issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 19, 2019 at 7:24 pm #4975469

leoV-7

Thank you for that info, now I lost my contact form even if it is still showing up on the website! hidden link

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 1.23.29 PM.png
November 20, 2019 at 6:01 pm #4983181

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 20, 2019 at 8:38 pm #4984029

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that they work.

I will spend more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 20, 2019 at 8:58 pm #4984285

leoV-7

I have another issue with a news page
hidden link
The Spanish version is not pulling all blog posts.
hidden link

November 20, 2019 at 9:32 pm #4984429

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

The support policy allows us to handle one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

So can you please open a new ticket for the new issue?

Thank you so much for your understanding.

I'm leaving the ticket assigned to myself while I investigate the initial issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 21, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4991227

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am not able to access the site anymore.

Can you please check?

Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 18.48.24.png
November 21, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4991319

leoV-7

It works now

November 22, 2019 at 11:52 am #4997413

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi, now it worked for me, too, and I was able to log into the backend panel of the site.

I have fixed this issue by pressing the below buttons (you can find them in WPML > Support > Troubleshooting):

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information

Now the contact form is back and you can see it in the backend.

Can you please check and confirm?

Kind regards,
Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.