Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yulia Krzeminska 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
June 24, 2022 at 3:04 pm #11539053

Yulia Krzeminska

Hi!

The site uses the Carbon Fields plugin in product descriptions. But I see that WPML does not translate these fields. Tell me, can I add something to set the translation of these fields?

June 24, 2022 at 9:08 pm #11540463

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to the WPML support forum!

Unfortunately, the Carbon Fields plugin does not appear as compatible in our list: https://wpml.org/plugin/?wpv_view_count=120064&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=carbon+fields&wpv-wpcf-recommendation-flag=&wpv_filter_submit=Search

It does not mean that it's not compatible, just that it wasn't fully tested with our compability team and therefore, some issues like the one you reported might happen. However, they have an article explaining how you can translate the fields coming from the plugin, please check it out: hidden link

Moreover, what else I would recommend is that you contact the plugin authors and ask them to join our "Go-Global" program. We work with theme/plugin authors to solve compatibility issues between their themes/plugins and WPML.

We'll take the plugin from the author, install it on a test server and go through every feature. Sometimes, we need a bit of guidance from the author to cover all plugin functionalities. We are happy to work with any developer who shows interest in this by contacting us through this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/.

Can you arouse interest in the plugin authors by letting them know about the program? This will benefit both you and other users of the same plugin.

We're looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Mateus.

June 27, 2022 at 1:31 pm #11551799

Yulia Krzeminska

Hi! Thank you your answer!

Maybe you can help me how I can add custom field to wpml automatioc translation?

I can get this field by function get_post_meta( ID, '_product_description' ) (result on screenshot).
I will be very grateful if you tell me how I can fix this. Thanks

1.JPG
June 27, 2022 at 7:28 pm #11554163

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply.

By going to WPML -> Settings -> Custom Fields Translation, are you able to see this custom field? If yes, please try to set it as 'translatable' or 'copy-once' and see if it'll be automatically translated.

If you can't see it, please try to click on the 'Show system fields' link and check again.

Let me know the results. Thanks!

Best regards,
Mateus.

June 28, 2022 at 2:02 pm #11560295

Yulia Krzeminska

Hi!

Ok, I will try it and let you now!

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.