Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 31, 2020 at 2:40 pm #6716415

alexandraL-10

Hello,

My website is in a AWS EC2 T3 Large but even is this configuration my CPU usage is going above 60% all the time. Recently I install a Query Monitor and in the Dashboard (edit.php) I got 7 slow queries and three of them are from WPML and in the frontend I have fewer queries from WPML but all queries (15) have a relation with the icl_translations.

The last change I did in the WPML setup was to change in the URL format from parameter to directory, but I got the warning that the directory doesn't work despite all my configurations are right and I changed it anyway and after that my CPU start up raise. Now I move back to the parameter, but my server still the same above 60%.

I need help before my server went down

wpml_homepage-queries.png
wpml_dashboard-edit-queries.png
August 3, 2020 at 5:50 am #6723673

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to ask you to follow these steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update any outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of these steps?

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link, you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 3, 2020 at 6:08 pm #6728123

alexandraL-10

Hi,

I did all the steps and I am still with the same problem even after switch the theme.

The debug information is in the box above.

Thank you for your help

André Santos

August 4, 2020 at 5:19 am #6730721

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hello André,
Thank you for your feedback.

Could you create a staging site with a copy of the live site where we can run further tests without affecting the live site?

Regards,
Carlos

August 4, 2020 at 9:52 am #6732131

alexandraL-10

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for your help but I think that I solve the issue by changing the table format from MyIsam to InnoDB and now the CPU is acting under 40%.

I have other issues like:
widgets only show the main language,
problems with the url format.
but maybe is better to open a new support, is that correct?

Thank you for your support.

André Santos

August 4, 2020 at 9:59 am #6732183

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi André,
I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

As the other issues are different from the original it is better that you open a new ticket.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.