Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to save translations for custom post type slugs created with JetEngine when using WPML. After setting the slugs for languages and saving, the page would refresh and the fields would remain empty.
Solution:
We discovered that the Redis Object Cache Plugin was preventing the settings from being saved. We recommend disabling the Redis Object Cache Plugin temporarily to save the settings. We have now translated the slugs for the client, and the translations are functioning correctly. If the client continues to experience issues, we suggest disabling the Redis Object Cache Plugin momentarily to adjust the settings. Additionally, we offered to set up a test site to further investigate the issue and asked the client to provide the latest version of the JetEngine plugins for this purpose.

If this solution does not seem relevant to your situation, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by allysonS 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 20, 2022 at 10:23 pm #10398025

allysonS

I'm trying to translate my custom post type created with JetEngine, following the instructions given in other support topics, going trough Translation Management > Custom post types and setting the slug for lanuages, but the data filled in those fields seems to not be stored, after I fill and hit save, page refreshes and the fields are empty.

Can you help me figure out if it's a plugin issue or if I'm missing something in the setps.

January 21, 2022 at 5:28 am #10399435

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

As far I remember there should not realy be a slug field for those CPT's inside the WPML settings.

Instead you should:

1) Go to WPML > Settings > Slug Translation and select the Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation) checkbox.

2) Translate those slugs at WPML -> String Translation.

May I have a look at the site as admin user? If so, please provide admin access inside the private reply form.

Please make sure to create a backup of your site before providing access.

Best regards
Andreas

January 22, 2022 at 5:16 am #10408969

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am sorry, it appears that now the translations of those slugs is possible inside the WPML settings which I was not aware off.

I can see that the settings are not saving.

Once I disable the Redis Object Cache Plugin the settings are saved. I have translated those slugs now for you and the translations are working.

Now, if you run into further issues, I would suggets first disabling Reddis Object Cache for a moment to adjust the settings.

I can offer to provide a test site on which we can try to recreate the issue for further investigation. Would you be able to provide the JetEngine plugins in their latest available version for this purpose?

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.