Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Philip 2 days, 15 hours ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
April 23, 2024 at 9:02 pm #15558251

Philip

Dear WPML Support,

Once again I have to ask you to consider the errors we are experiencing - deadlocks - as it affects the performance of the website, especially during busy periods.

FastCGI: server "/var/run/hcgi/5683" stderr: WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query INSERT IGNORE INTO wp_options ( `option_name`, `option_value`, `autoload` ) VALUES ('wpml.WPML\\\\TM\\\\Settings\\\\ProcessNewTranslatableFields.lock', '1713897399', 'no') /* LOCK */ made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('wp_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML\\LIB\\WP\\Hooks::WPML\\LIB\\WP\\{closure}, WPML\\FP\\Promise->resolve, WPML\\FP\\Right->chain, WPML\\FP\\Right->map, WPML\\BackgroundTask\\BackgroundTaskLoader->WPML\\BackgroundTask\\{closure}, WPML\\BackgroundTask\\BackgroundTaskLoader->getSerializedTasks, WPML\\FP\\Fns::__callStatic, call_user_func_array, WPML\\FP\\Fns::WPML\\FP\\{closure}, call_user_func_array, WPML\\FP\\Fns::WPML\\FP\\{closure}, array_map, WPML\\BackgroundTask\\BackgroundTaskLoader->WPML\\BackgroundTask\\{closure}, WPML\\BackgroundTask\\BackgroundTaskViewModel::get, WPML\\Utilities\\Lock->create, WPML\\Utilities\\Lock->create, WPM, referer hidden link

This is our communication log: hidden link

This is our debug log:
hidden link

I do not see any errors here: hidden link

I also tried to run this option hidden link as well as other recommendation you gave us previous time.

Unfortunately, we don't have a specific scenario on how to reproduce the error. We can see in the log that deadlocks occur at regular intervals

If you have recommendations or tips how to fix this - we'd love to hear them.

Thank you in advance.

April 24, 2024 at 7:24 am #15558934

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Please try this workaround and check if it works for you. As best, try it on a separate staging environment:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/database-deadlock-bringing-site-down/
https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-causing-backend-slowness-and-duplicated-queries/

Please let me know.

Best Regards
Marcel

May 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm #15589072

Philip

Hi Marcel,

Ok, thanks, I will review and get back to you.

Thanks.