Este es el foro de soporte técnico de WPML, el plugin multilingüe de WordPress.

Todas las personas pueden leerlo pero solo los clientes de WPML pueden ingresar comentarios. El equipo de WPML responde en el foro 6 días a la semana, durante 22 horas por día.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.45 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Oscar Miras hace 6 meses.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Autor Mensajes
abril 10, 2019 a las 9:29 am #3574175

adrianG-11

Hello,
After end the import with WP all import, at the english categories appears that has 19 categories but only appears three. What I can do?

Regards,

abril 10, 2019 a las 12:14 pm #3575821

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support team!

Please, did you follow these instructions to import all the categories?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#importing-posts-with-taxonomies

Please take into account that categories and their translations must be created **before** importing products with WPML All Import. Otherwise, it will not work properly.

If you did it that way I would like to access your site in order to investigate better the issue.

Please, provide me with working credentials in the proper boxes next to my reply.
Before doing that, confirm that you have a full backup of your site.

Thank you,
Oscar.

abril 10, 2019 a las 1:52 pm #3576939

adrianG-11

Hum, this is my second migration, the first language works correctly, how is it possible? Exist any form to make a correction without make other import. is 30.000 for each language.

abril 10, 2019 a las 2:30 pm #3577345

Oscar Miras

Welcome back,

I'm sorry you are facing this issue.

There are some situations in which the WPML import could have not worked as expected.
Could you confirm that the translations for the secondary language (English) were created before importing the files?

In order to provide better support, I really would need temporary access to your website to try to figure out what might have gone wrong. Could you provide me with some working credentials to access your Website? There should be some special box next to my reply to write a username and a password for your WordPress site.

Besides, could you send me to oscar.m@onthegosystems.com the files you used to perform the migration, so I can investigate if there is something wrong?

Thank you a lot for your collaboration,
Oscar.

abril 11, 2019 a las 5:26 pm #3591209

adrianG-11

Hello Oscar, sorry for my late reply.
About this question: Could you confirm that the translations for the secondary language (English) were created before importing the files?
Do you mean that if the categories of the secondary language was created before the import? If you mean this the responese is no.
BTW, If Iook the detail of page of product, the list of categories appears, but not at the list of Woocommerce page category.

abril 12, 2019 a las 8:28 am #3596323

Oscar Miras

Welcome back,

If the categories are not displayed in the list of categories, it is likely the WPML All Import process went wrong.

If you didn't translate the categories before importing the products, that must be the reason why the WPML Import went wrong; because translating categories in the second language before import the products is a requirement in WPML All Import.

In your previous reply you said:
"Exist any form to make a correction without make other import. is 30.000 for each language.".

In order to avoid to perform a second import, you can try this:

First of all, translate all the categories in the second language. https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-product-categories-tags-attributes-and-custom-taxonomies

After translating all the categories, tags, and product attributes, bulk edit all your products so all the translated products will be set with the same category as the original ones:

• In the default language, go to Products > All Products
  • In the top right of the page, notice the “Screen Options” button. Click on it and then increase the option “Number of items per page: ” to a higher value, for example, 500 (because you have 30000 products it will save you from having to repeat this process many times)
  • Then, check all the products. Scroll down and simply click “Update” button on the bottom right to update all the products

I’ve recorded a video to guide you through this process:
hidden link

Besides, here you have some documentation about Bulk Editing. You can even perform this action with some plugin suck as YITH WOOCOMMERCE BULK PRODUCT EDITING :
hidden link

Check if the updated products and the translated products have the right categories now and you have all your categories for default and second language in the categories page.

If you need further assistance do not hesitate to contact me again, I’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Oscar.