Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 5, 2020 at 3:48 pm

nikolaosK-12

The site is showing "Remember to remove WPML from this website" after installing a fresh download of WPML

August 5, 2020 at 5:08 pm
August 6, 2020 at 12:15 am #6744539

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support service. Before consulting our system team regarding your issue, can you please, try the solutions provided in this similar ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/remember-to-remove-wpml-from-this-website/? Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

August 6, 2020 at 10:10 am #6748325

nikolaosK-12

I looked at this ticket before I contacted support, and I am stuck at:

Go to WPML installer at Plugins->Add New->Commercial Tab. And unregister WPML.

because there isn't anywhere to unregister WPML

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 12.10.16 PM.png
August 6, 2020 at 7:30 pm #6751939

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, proceed as follow:

1 - Click to edit the 'wp-config.php' file of your WordPress installation and place the following line of code:

define( 'OTGS_INSTALLER_SITE_KEY_WPML', 'your-site-key' );

2 - Make sure to paste this line of code right above where it reads: /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */. Please, get your site key from your wpml.org account and adjust the provided line of code accordingly.

Please, let me know if any other clarifications and details are needed, have a nice day.

August 7, 2020 at 7:34 am #6754447

nikolaosK-12

That worked, although it initially broke my site completely because you forgot a comma.

Thanks

August 7, 2020 at 7:28 pm #6758691

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Sorry for that, I edited my reply to include a comma to make the arguments separeted. Please, let me know if you need any other clarifications and details, have a nice day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.