Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
April 28, 2022 at 3:55 pm #11116133

bacemc

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to make the currency switches automatically based on customer location

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I didn't find any document about it

Is there a similar example that we can see? I don't have, I just set up everything right but still doesn't work when I use my VPN to test

What is the link to your site? reliize.com

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 17.52.20.png
April 30, 2022 at 2:51 pm #11126675

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back-up the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

May 1, 2022 at 6:29 pm #11128597

bacemc

hi, this issue is now stressing me out like crazy plus you didn't even provide your email for the admin access... I can't wait anymore !!! I'm targeting Canada in my paid ads now and they are not seeing the Canadian prices !! please reply IT'S URGENT

May 1, 2022 at 8:01 pm #11128733

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

You can use any dummy email to create the admin account and share the access credentials.

I have set your next answer private again so you can share the credentials in a secure way.

Regards,
Carlos

May 2, 2022 at 4:49 pm #11134933

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you for sharing the access credentials

Before we continue, I kindly ask you to update all outdated plugins and themes in this link: hidden link and double-check if the issue disappeared.

Regards,
Carlos

May 2, 2022 at 7:24 pm #11135549

bacemc

Hi , no the issue is still here . Did you make tests please ? This very urgent we can’t wait as we have paid traffic

May 3, 2022 at 7:50 am #11138095

bacemc

Are you here please? :/

May 3, 2022 at 3:37 pm #11142017

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you for updating the outdated plugins.

I activated the option to redirect the users based on their browser language, you can see the guide with all the options in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

Regarding the currency, if you go to hidden link you will see that all currencies are available for all countries so you need to select which countries you would like to show which currency as described in this guide: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#currencies-per-location

Important note: If the issue persists I kindly ask you to apply the workaround described by a client in this errata page: https://wpml.org/errata/caching-plugins-may-cause-issues-with-wcml-multi-currency-settings/

Regards,
Carlos

May 3, 2022 at 5:24 pm #11143443

bacemc

for paypal to accept Canadian dollar should I create a Canadian curreny on Paypal ? or how does this work? thanks

May 3, 2022 at 5:26 pm #11143471

bacemc

i just want the price to be shown in Canadian dollar on my product page but want to accept it in USD when payment, how can we do it please?

May 3, 2022 at 5:55 pm #11143847

bacemc

Also to go faster can you please make the tests on your side? I tried even with specific countries but it's not working for me .
PS: I'm not a newbie here . thanks

May 3, 2022 at 6:03 pm #11143861

bacemc

the problem is that just beside the cart icon on the top right page, the currency symbol doesn't switch even if the prices are in the right currency.

May 3, 2022 at 6:12 pm #11143933

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

for paypal to accept Canadian dollar should I create a Canadian curreny on Paypal ? or how does this work? -> Please contact Paypal support service to get an answer to this question, as this falls outside of the scope of our plugins.

Regards,
Carlos

May 3, 2022 at 6:25 pm #11144007

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Let's check this step-by-step because I think you desire two different things at the same time.

1.- Would you like to display the currency based on the language of the user or the location of the user?

2.- Could you tell me where is the currency switcher and the language switcher? Because I can't find them.

Note: If you allow me, I can add a language switcher and a currency switcher while we run all the tests.

3.- Could you describe what are the steps to follow in order to edit the currency that appears next to the cart icon? Is this a theme functionality?

Regards,
Carlos

May 9, 2022 at 2:57 pm #11182895

bacemc

Hi, yes you can make tests. as I told you from the beginning I need the currency to be based on the customer's location .

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.