Skip Navigation

Este es el foro de soporte técnico de WPML, el plugin multilingüe de WordPress.

Todas las personas pueden leerlo pero solo los clientes de WPML pueden ingresar comentarios. El equipo de WPML responde en los foros 6 días a la semana, 22 horas por día.

This topic contains 11 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Yvette hace 5 years, 6 months.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Autor Mensajes
marzo 25, 2015 a las 3:41 pm #587789

ireneL-3

I am trying to: visualize single products in the 3 languages of my site. Shop page works properly but not the single products (for example shop page in spanish: hidden link and if you enter in a product is not working)

I visited this URL: https://wpml.org/es/forums/topic/tengo-woocommerce-instalado-enlaces-a-productos-rotos-en-mi-idioma-principal/

I expected to see: the single product page (like this hidden link but in italian and spanish)

Instead, I got: 404 error

marzo 26, 2015 a las 8:24 am #588195

Robert

This may be an issue of compatibility - Could you confirm that if you turn off all non WPML plugins and you revert to a default theme (like Twenty-Twelve) that the issue still exists?

marzo 26, 2015 a las 11:02 am #588391

ireneL-3

Hi Robert,

thanks for your answer.
I tried to do as you told me but the problem still exist.
Yesterday I could see single products only in the english language, in spanish and italian the shop is visible but not trying to enter in singles products I got 404 error. Also if I'm in italian language and try to enter in a single product it automatically goes to the spanish url of the single product and give me the 404 error. Now after disabling plugins and change theme I cannot even see it in the neglish version!

Another thing I would like to tell you if it could help is that since I installed the WCML (WooCommerce multilanguage) I also get this errors:

Warning: dirname() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /homepages/22/d398551797/htdocs/myBabyD/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wpml-config/wpml-config.class.php on line 252

Warning: dirname() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /homepages/22/d398551797/htdocs/myBabyD/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wpml-config/wpml-config.class.php on line 252

Warning: dirname() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /homepages/22/d398551797/htdocs/myBabyD/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wpml-config/wpml-config.class.php on line 254

I read that this will be fixed with new version of WMPL, it will be like this?

And now, I mean since I disabled all plug -ins and change template and that back activated and with my template, if I make any change in the admin panel I got warnings like this following one and I have to recharge the page tp get that working again:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/22/d398551797/htdocs/myBabyD/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wpml-config/wpml-config.class.php:252) in /homepages/22/d398551797/htdocs/myBabyD/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

LAst thing, all these problems started when I started to translate to other languages and use the WMPL Media plugin... before I could see all the single products without any error.

If you prefer to enter in my installation and check it yourself for me no problem, I'm running out of time finishing this page and it start to be really urgent, any help would be really appreciated!

thanks and regards,
Carlotta

marzo 27, 2015 a las 11:01 am #589231

Robert

The dirname() iss is one that will be fixed in the next version of WPML, I can resolve that error with access to your FTP.

Then could you confirm that if you turn off all non WPML plugins and you revert to a default theme (like Twenty-Twelve) that the issue still exists?

marzo 30, 2015 a las 1:16 pm #590504

ireneL-3

Hi Robert,

I've seen that you entered and did things but not solved yet.. Could I know what's the status? I need to work on the pages but do not want to work on it and then loose things...
Do you find difficulties in solve this item?

thanks a lot for your help.
Carlotta

marzo 31, 2015 a las 8:32 am #591081

Robert

I resolved the dirname() error by modifying the wpml code - this will be resolved in the next version of WPML.

Then I noticed that you had the default setting marked for your product URLs in Settings > Permalinks. I added a product base of 'product' and translated it through string translation. It appears to be working properly now.

marzo 31, 2015 a las 9:30 am #591138

ireneL-3

Hi Robert,

thats great! really really thank you for this matter! I was worry as I'm running out of time whit the launch of this web!

I've seen that it's working but I still have some matter and some doubts:

1. I entered in one of the existing product to try to translate all the content to the right language and I've seen that I cannot in some of them, the functions are disabled (see picture 1)
Basically I've noticed that I cannot modify if it's a product that I previously created in spanish language and yes I can if it's an english created product... Should I deleted this spanish products and re-create them in english first?

2. If I enter in WooCommerce Multilingual there is an alert in the configuration telling "Some settings from the WooCommerce Multilingual wpml-config.xml file have been overwritten." should I do something or leave it like this because it is due to your changes? (image 2)

3. In my dashboard it advice me that "Products slugs are set to be translated, but they are missing their translation", can I translate it (image 3)

4. Now that you modified the WPML code, when I will update it it will work properly onlyu with the update or I will need to do some adjust? Infact I already have 2 WPML plugin that I could update but I'm afraid to loose some of your changing.... (image 4)

thanks a lot for your suggestions!
Carlotta

marzo 31, 2015 a las 10:22 am #591178

Robert

1. Some of your translations were created as Duplicates - when you duplicate content into a second language it keeps the fields synchronized with the original language. Do the following:

1a: visit WPML > Woocommerce Multilingual > Interfaz de traducción de productos > select - Vaya a la pantalla de edición de productos nativa de WooCommerce

1b: Visit - 3 myBabyD product pages and you'll notice that it says the translations are duplicates. Then when you go to edit those pages you can select 'Translate Independently'. Then you can edit them. Screenshots 1 + 2

---

2. The warning for - Some settings from the WooCommerce Multilingual wpml-config.xml file have been overwritten has nothing to do which the my updated. It would be best that you open an additional ticket on our support forum to address this item directly. This will also help users who might be searching for an answer to similar problems.

---

3. Product slugs should be translated via WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content setup >
Custom posts > Products. I just added these - screenshot attached 3.

---

4. I don't believe that the fix has been applied in the update available to you, the main point to that version is to ensure compatibility with wordpress 4.2 which makes changes to taxonomies. You may loose the change I made, as the file i edited is in the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin folder but the dirname issue will be resolved shortly, and if it appears we can patch it again no problem. When you actually update WPML, you will not loose translations or settings are those are saved to your database completely separate from plugin files.

marzo 31, 2015 a las 10:34 am #591188

ireneL-3

Hi Robert,

OK to the first 3 point.

So going to point 4. I understood I should make the update now and if I loose your fising you should upload it again isn't it?
If you tell me which files you modify and code you modify I should do it also by myself in case the problem appears again so maybe I won't need to bother you with the same problem..

thanks
Carlotta

abril 2, 2015 a las 7:06 am #592581

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Good morning Carlotta. Sadly, Robert is no longer working with WPML Support so I will try to help you with this last question.

I understand that you would like to know which changes were applied to the WPML code to remove the dirname() error.

The following errata page describes the problem and solution in detail so that you can reapply the fixes yourself if at all required: https://wpml.org/errata/php-errors-from-wpml-config-class-php/

I hope that this information responds to the last or your questions.

abril 2, 2015 a las 12:46 pm #592855

ireneL-3

I'm sorry for Robert... but thanks for your help Yvette!
I will try to see that page.

In case something won't work when I update you could help me could you?

Carlotta

abril 2, 2015 a las 7:49 pm #593174

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Of course! I´ll wait for your news.

El debate ‘[Cerrado] Hi, my problem is with my products that appears onlye in the default language.’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.