Este es el foro de soporte técnico de WPML, el plugin multilingüe de WordPress.

Todas las personas pueden leerlo pero solo los clientes de WPML pueden ingresar comentarios. El equipo de WPML responde en el foro 6 días a la semana, durante 22 horas por día.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.10 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Yvette hace 2 meses, 3 semanas.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Autor Publicaciones
julio 23, 2019 a las 11:11 am #4265365

franciscoM-31

Hello, I am using manual translation for home page because I need to display different contents (even different elements) for each language. I have detected that classic elements of Cornerstone (for example, classic card) are shown correctly in Cornerstone editor and preview, however they are shown in the original language in the site view.
Site is not publicly accessible yet.
That issue is not happening with V2 elements.
Do you have any notice about this compatibility issue? Is there any workaround?
Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Paco

julio 23, 2019 a las 11:29 am #4265597

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

In order to best help you, could you please recreate this issue on the following sandbox site which has been preloaded with our WPML plugins?

hidden link

Please write back with steps to rerproduce the issue and I will then be able to find the right resources to help you out.

Thanks for your collaboration on this.

julio 23, 2019 a las 3:58 pm #4267795

franciscoM-31

Hello Yvette,
I haven't been able to reproduce the issue in the sandbox!
Something seems to be wrong in my WP instance, so I am going to restart a fresh one following my own tracks. If I locate the cause of the problem I'll let you know.
Thank you.

julio 24, 2019 a las 6:07 am #4270495

Yvette
Supporter

Ok!

Be sure to compare/check versions of PHP and other plugins as well.
Kind regards

julio 30, 2019 a las 6:41 am #4305061

franciscoM-31

Hello,
I wanted to make a test in order to reproduce the error in my own instance.
However, something is broken in the sandbox. Whe I press SAVE button on Cornerstone (front page, English version), the saving process stalls.
Please take a look

Cheers,
Paco

julio 30, 2019 a las 1:00 pm #4307783

Yvette
Supporter

Hi

When I look at the developers console in Chrome, I can see that there is something related to Google Leads (??) on the page.

Does this mean something to you? Is there a cornerstone element, perhaps, that is causing this error? Or maybe there is some kind of incomplete configuration?

Waiting for your feedback.

julio 30, 2019 a las 4:11 pm #4309607

franciscoM-31

No clue about Google Leads or misconfigurations. I was just trying to reproduce the same scenario related to the error described. It is now clear to me that it has something to do with classic vs V2 cornerstone elements.

The question that is not clear to me is whether this is a problem with WPML or X/Cornerstone.

To reproduce the problem, I just tried a different layout and/or disposition of classic Cornerstone elements in different translations of the same page, even though:
(a) I set WPML off in the original language of the page (manual translation),
(b) got the precaution of duplicate them (not just add translation) and
(c) in the original language I selected the option that allows manual management not controlled by WPML.
Same results every time: no problem in the page of the original language, while all the others are broken, showing "base64" unintelligible errors.

Just in case it is helpful for somebody in the future, I found a rather unelegant workaround:
1. Edit the target page with Cornerstone and set the layout of sections, rows and columns.
2. Duplicate the page. In the copy, create the cornerstone classic elements and set it up all the parameters and styling with Cornerstone editor. Save.
3. In the original page, add an empty content area element (V2) for any classic (V1) element you'll need.
4. Edit the copy with classic elements you created in (2) with wordpress classic editor. Copy the shortcodes of the classic cornerstone elements to the corresponding content area.
This is the only way I managed to arrange different contents for every language in the home page.
The main drawback of this... well, solution, if you want to name it this way, is that you don't have Cornerstone visual editor available in content areas since you are using the shortcodes, or, you'll have to repeat steps 2-4 every time you need to edit a classic (V1) element.

I dropped a lot of hours with this problem, but not even the sandbox works properly, so I have to move forward.

Kind regards,
Paco

julio 31, 2019 a las 10:39 am #4313731

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for all the time and effort at testing that you have contributed. Unfortunately, my experience with Cornerstone elements is limited.

I am attempting to setup a test case so that I can escalate this to our compatibility team.

1. Original error
You wrote: "I have detected that classic elements of Cornerstone (for example, classic card) are shown correctly in Cornerstone editor and preview, however they are shown in the original language in the site view."

I also was unable to reproduce this error.

I used the "Sample Page" to do the following actions:
- add section/row and Classic Card
- Duplicate the page to ES language
- Translate the Card to ES manually using Cornerstone editor.

For me, the card is showing tranlsations correctly in icognito browser.
hidden link

2. Second error
You wrote: "..Same results every time: no problem in the page of the original language, while all the others are broken, showing "base64" unintelligible errors.--"

On the Sample Page I translated in the steps you described, I am not seeing any "base64" unintelligble errors.

Is this only happening with the "Home" page? Were you able to do this with a new page?

El debate ‘[Cerrado] Manual translation not working for Cornerstone classic elements’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.