Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.52 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ernestC-2 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 21, 2022 at 3:17 am #11270255

ernestC-2

Dear WPML,

If I want to translate my EN menu into other languages, what is the best workflow?

Kind regards,

Ernest

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 4.56.28 PM.png
May 21, 2022 at 8:12 pm #11271705

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi Ernest.

There are multiple options that you can use for translating the menus and we have explained them in our documentation below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

The big difference I would say is if you have any new buttons that you would like to add to a specific language but you would not like to display that for other languages. In that case, I recommend that you use the manual translation option as that will give you more control over the menu.

If you translate it automatically or sync it, you will have the exact buttons and you won't be able to add any extra.

I hope that you will find this information useful! 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.