Este es el foro de soporte técnico de WPML, el plugin multilingüe de WordPress.

Todas las personas pueden leerlo pero solo los clientes de WPML pueden ingresar comentarios. El equipo de WPML responde en el foro 6 días a la semana, durante 22 horas por día.

This topic contains 9 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed hace 4 meses, 3 semanas.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Autor Publicaciones
mayo 21, 2019 a las 5:29 pm #3857739

miguel-angelS-5

Estoy tratando de: I recently moved from staging at sistemabio.net to the Production site on sistema.bio and im having a lot of difficulties, all the spanis content, meant for the mx, ni, and co countries shows now mied content in english and spanish, this doesn´t happen on the staging website so you can check the differences.

sistemabio.net/mx and sistema.bio/mx

I have migrated whit duplicator and also another with search and replace the domain and all files and folders changing for the new domain, the issue stills persists. Please help this is a production site! Please!

URL de (mi) sitio web donde aparece el problema:

Yo esperaba ver:

En vez de eso, obtuve:

mayo 21, 2019 a las 5:36 pm #3857781

miguel-angelS-5

I noticed that the homepages for each country became dependants of the main site. instead of independant pages as the staging site. How could this happened?

mayo 22, 2019 a las 5:11 am #3860987

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I checked both the production and staging site everything seems to be okay at my end, I don't see any mixed content in Mexican, Columbian languages home page. here is a quick screencast of how it looks in my end.

Maybe I have missed something if you can please give me a screenshot of the issue I can look in to further details.

Do you mean the home page of each language is not editable in the backend?

Kind regards
Raja

mayo 23, 2019 a las 3:38 pm #3877539

miguel-angelS-5

Yes because i had to re do everything. Please explain to me one thing, i have seen several times and read the article regarding the translation and duplicate. And its not really clear to me. i have tested both options and always had some trouble.

What i want is:
Create a Main HOMEPAGE, then (Duplicate it or translate it) To have a completely DIFFERENT Homepage to the other countries, so it doesn´t matter if i update the main page, the other countries content doesn´t get affected or show me the needs update icon. I want them to work completely independant for the homepages, but as i told you i have tried both and ended in some situations like when i click on edit some translation it appears a modal saying that i will translate them independently but still doesn´t work.

Please let me know a step by step how to do that starting from the main language homepage.
Also i have the section OUR TEAM on the main language already translated to all the countries, but i don´t know why it reverted back in CO, MX and NI and tell me it needs update and deleted all my previous field translations, please help is a job a have been redoing it in all sections like 4 to 5 times now on all pages. Always something happens that reverts my pages and delete my translations.

mayo 24, 2019 a las 5:42 am #3881257

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

HI,

As far as I see that your steps to translate seem to be correct. This sounds like an issue to me, The translation not updating properly or overwritten with the default content is a known issue in some of our previous WPML versions. However, we have fixed this in the recent update.

Could you please help us with the snapshot of your site You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

We might check if this happens only with your theme since your theme seems to be a custom build

I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details

Kind regards
Raja

mayo 27, 2019 a las 1:59 am #3892647

miguel-angelS-5

Sure, thanks for your response, i'll send tomorrow the snapshot. The theme is OceanWP pro with elementor, it isn't a custom build theme.

mayo 27, 2019 a las 4:26 am #3893465

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks, I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards
Raja

mayo 28, 2019 a las 10:49 pm #3910433

miguel-angelS-5

The button i told you for example links to a page
hidden link

And on STRING translations, that should appear on the editor instead of string i update the permalink accordingly. i refresh the site and the translation i just did reverts back to the ?post=8751 format. please help. You can check this on string translation the item elementor-2332 url-button-9adac7c. How can i add this button string to the translation window instead of searching it on string translation.

mayo 31, 2019 a las 7:44 am #3928281

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Kindly apologize, I was away for a personal emergency situation, I am working on your issue now, I will update you soon.

Kind regards
Raja

mayo 31, 2019 a las 2:19 pm #3931205

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience.

I have checked your site using the duplicator package,

1) The issue that you have raised with downloads page is expected, Once you have updated the English page (which is the default language) all other translation will show a refresh icon which means the original content is saved and the translated needs update, However, it doesn't automatically copy the copy from English which would happen when you duplicate the page.

I can confirm that your downloads page is independently created for each language.

2) The in opportunities page I can see the links with page id are from those pages which are saved as draft. for example in Kenya opportunity section the page hidden link is saved as a draft, I have updated and published the page and copied the url and pasted in the elementor button link. (screenshot attached) .

I hope this solves your issue.

Kind regards
Raja