Este es el foro de soporte técnico de WPML, el plugin multilingüe de WordPress.

Todas las personas pueden leerlo pero solo los clientes de WPML pueden ingresar comentarios. El equipo de WPML responde en el foro 6 días a la semana, durante 22 horas por día.

Hoy no hay asistentes de soporte disponibles en el foro Spanish. Siéntase libre de enviar sus tiques y les daremos trámite tan pronto como estemos disponibles en línea. Gracias por su comprensión.

This topic contains 9 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Yvette hace 8 meses, 1 semana.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Autor Publicaciones
enero 29, 2019 a las 5:22 pm #3141042

albertoY

Tell us what you are trying to do? I TRY TO USE WPML ON MY SITE: hidden link

When WPML is installed, half of the items on my porfolio are missing...if i deactivate it, they appear again...

The plugin causing conflict is WPML Multilingual CMS. My theme is QUODE BRIDGE.

This is the page where i have the problems: hidden link

When the plugin is activated, my media library also disapears (already reported in another ticket)

This is highly inappropriate and i need a solution.

Please, I'd need help from you

Kind regards

Albert

enero 30, 2019 a las 12:14 pm #3143770

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you. When wordpress objects disappear on activation of WPML, it is usually indicating that there was no language information for the objects....so they become "invisible" to WPML.

Language information is attached to an object via the table icl_translations. If there are no entries in this table for your portfolio objects, it might be because you have set the multilingual configuration for this post type to be "Do not translate".

Please see what you have set for this post type here:
WPML > Settings > Post Type Translation.

It should be set to "Translate" for you to add language information to it.

If this setting is already set to Translate, then it might be related to some problem in your database and I would like to check your configuration.

I am opening the private area for temporary wp-admin access. The private area is only visible between you and WPML support. I need administrator privelges.

I wait for your news.

enero 31, 2019 a las 4:27 pm #3148806

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Could you please provide an example of a portfolio that is "disappears" when WPML is activated?
There are a lot listed so it´s a bit narrow down on an example case.

From what I can see, the page your provided is using a shortcode where I would expect 30 ES portfolio items to appear. (default language). I see that 29 are appearing but I can also confirm that one of the ES portfolio items is in status of "Draft/Pendiente" so it explains why it does not appear.

I would not expect any English portfoilos to appear (20 other items)

For me, the system is behaving normally. I wait for your response.

enero 31, 2019 a las 5:10 pm #3148996

albertoY

Mmmm is as easy as activating WPML multilingual CMS and checking hidden link... Deactivating the plugin, and check the page again to see the BIG DIFFERENCE...

HALF OF THE PROJECTS DISAPPEAR with your plugin...

Please, it is quite urgent, so I hope you can provide me a serious and profesional solution . Use really appreciate it.

Kind regards

A

enero 31, 2019 a las 5:15 pm #3149052

albertoY

Sorry...I didn't get this "I would not expect any English portfoilos to appear (20 other items)"

...could you please clarify it? I really didn't understand it? Why don't you expect any English portfolio to appear? ?

The idea is to appear both in Spanish and English... ALL MY PROJECTS... And half of them are missing where the plugin is activated...

I'd really appreciate if you could give me a final solution please

enero 31, 2019 a las 5:38 pm #3149102

Yvette
Supporter

Explanation:

I would not expect your EN portfolios to appear in a ES language space because they are not tagged with the correct language.

WPML will segragate your content into language spaces. If you want all of your portfolio items to appear in "all" languages you can duplicate them to all language spaces.

This way, they will all exist in all languages.
Please read about this here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

The reason why you need to duplicate the items across all language spaces has to do with the URL format. A wordpress post can only have 1 permalink. And when you use WPML, you are introducing the concept of language based URLs.

I hope this helps you understand and also explains what you can do.

enero 31, 2019 a las 7:26 pm #3149547

albertoY

omg....im afraid you are not understanding the issue.... when WPML is activated, several portfolio items do not appear neither en spanish nor in english... they just vanish because some conflict with the plugin or somethin...

Are you willing to help me or not? Please, if you don't want to help me id appreciate if you could put me in contact with another supporter who actually wanna help...

Thanks a lot.

Alberto

febrero 1, 2019 a las 7:31 am #3150572

Yvette
Supporter

Well - I would love to help you - but you need to be very clear about what you think is the problem. One way to do this is to include a screenshot of what you think is the issue.

And then use specific examples (yes, using post-id numbers as reference is ideal)

I asked this of you with my first response:
"Could you please provide an example of a portfolio that "disappears" when WPML is activated?
There are a lot listed so it´s a bit narrow down on an example case."

So please help me help you. If you think I cannot - I'm more than happy to pass you on to another supporter who will also ask you for examples and screenshots as well.

But in case I was not clear.

When I visited the listing of your portfolios, at the top of the listing, the number of items in each language was listed in parentheses.
English (20)
Spanish (30)

This indicated to me how many portfolio items I would expect to see in each language space. I then visited the link to the page you provided
hidden link

Checked the active language (Spanish), counted the number of items appearing on the page, and then compared it with the number of items that had that language tag.

If you expected all 50 items to appear, then they should all be tagged with the ES language.

febrero 6, 2019 a las 11:08 pm #3167862

albertoY

Hi Yvette,

thanks a lot for your patience and help,

i am facing new problems trying to translate the footer widgets and top right widget... for instance, in the header bottom right widgent, i should be able to save both spanish and english versions, modifying the text/links within the widget, but it ends up saving only the last version saved for both spanish and english (for instance, if the last version saved was the spanish, the spanish version will appear also in english, even though i saved a different version before for english... and also the opposite....hope you undestand what i mean)

I am enclosing an screenshot of this also.

hope you can help me please

Kind regards

A

febrero 7, 2019 a las 4:04 pm #3171207

Yvette
Supporter

There are two ways to translate widgets:

1. Using String Translation
I did an example for you with "Footer Column 3" widget area. Since you marked the widget to appear in all languages, you should translate the Widget Title and Widget Body in WPML > String Translation (see image).

2. With Multilingual Text Widgets
For widgets, you normally should use a "Multilingual Text" widget and then adapt the content for each language.

I did an example for you with the "Header Bottom Right" element.
Notice that one widget is assigned to each language. This method works well for complex widgets like search/filters.

I hope this answers your question. Since it seems the original issues was resolved and I believe this one is now explained, I kindly ask you to close this ticket and open a new forum thread for any . new issues/quesitons.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Thanks