Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
April 6, 2021 at 12:38 am #8469259

TX

I set the sitemap .xml on Rank Math, but the default map generation becomes/en, is this correct?

Do I need to set the map for other languages too, such as /ar,/fr, etc?

Please check if the settings are correct on our website administrator?

April 6, 2021 at 8:42 am #8471609

TX

I want the default path to exclude /en.

When the user browses, it will be recognized as the local language, which means the path will be /en, /fr, /ar, etc. accordingly.

Also, do I need to generate other languages in Rank Math's sitemap.xml to get more Google and Bing sitemap submissions?

April 6, 2021 at 11:23 am #8472801

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

We have a known issue when it comes to the Rank Math plugin sitemap functionality. It seems to be something similar t your case.

Would you please kindly implement the steps mentioned in the entry below?

https://wpml.org/errata/rankmath-seo-adds-incorrect-entries-for-translated-homepages-in-the-sitemap/

Thank you.

April 6, 2021 at 11:52 am #8472967

TX

Tks for your reply, please check our debug info.

April 6, 2021 at 12:01 pm #8473107

TX

I have added the CODE in functions.php, but the /en/sitemap_index.xml still not change in Rank Math, please check it and help us to solve it, Thanks

April 7, 2021 at 12:38 am #8477351

TX

English is our default language, I don't want directory name--/en/ in the URL for the default language, but I want hidden link

Also,remove the /en/in sitemap URL. please help us solve it.

April 7, 2021 at 11:51 am #8482243

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

The directory for the default language is something that you can turn off from WPML settings.

Please kindly follow the steps below:

- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages > Language URL Format".
- Make sure that the "Use directory for default language" checkbox is Unchecked.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks".
- Click the "Save" button to flush the permalinks cache.
- Follow the steps to re-run the XML Sitemap feature of Rank Math.

If you still have issues with the sitemap please kindly contact Rank Math support as mentioned in the doc below:

https://wpml.org/errata/rankmath-seo-adds-incorrect-entries-for-translated-homepages-in-the-sitemap/

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.