Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 56 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 3:03 am

Dallas

We are trying to:

Have a multiple regions for subdirectories for the majority of our website but want to have a centralised blog under /blog that would be served for all regions.

We don't want to translate the blog categories and blog posts.

When I try to access these pages from another region, we get a 500 internal server error. The URL is actually correct.

For example:
pureseo.com is the home page for our international website
pureseo.com/nz is the homepage for our New Zealand website
pureseo.com/blog is the main blog category page for all our blogs which will not be translated. These blogs will be visible across all regions.

When I switch to another region:
pureseo.com/nz is the home page of NZ which works fine however when I try to access the blog overview page from this page, the URL is still pureseo.com/blog now returns 500 internal server.

We are expecting to switch between /blog and /nz (or any region) seemlessly without any issues.

Could you guide me on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 3:13 am
September 10, 2019 at 3:17 am #4541347

Dallas

We are trying to:

Have a multiple regions for subdirectories for the majority of our website but want to have a centralised blog under /blog that would be served for all regions.

We don't want to translate the blog categories and blog posts.

When I try to access these pages from another region, we get a 500 internal server error. The URL is actually correct.

For example:
pureseo.com is the home page for our international website
pureseo.com/nz is the homepage for our New Zealand website
pureseo.com/blog is the main blog category page for all our blogs which will not be translated. These blogs will be visible across all regions.

When I switch to another region:
pureseo.com/nz is the home page of NZ which works fine however when I try to access the blog overview page from this page, the URL is still pureseo.com/blog now returns 500 internal server.

We are expecting to switch between /blog and /nz (or any region) seemlessly without any issues.

Could you guide me on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 3:24 am #4541397

Dallas

I'm not a developer and do not know how to check server logs.

September 10, 2019 at 3:50 am #4541565

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

You can contact your hosting provider and ask for the server error log.

Also, you can use display as translated feature of our plugin and show blogs as below without translating it:
pureseo.com/blog
pureseo.com/nz/blog

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 4:13 am #4541733

Dallas

I have the error log... how do I send it to you?

September 10, 2019 at 4:14 am #4541735

Dallas

hidden link

September 10, 2019 at 4:25 am #4541743

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I can see that a column is missing in the database which might be creating the issue

WordPress database error Unknown column 'wpml_translations.language_code' in 'where clause' for query SELECT   61e_posts.* FROM 61e_posts  WHERE 1=1  AND 61e_posts.post_name = 'world-map-png' AND 61e_posts.post_type = 'attachment' AND ( ( ( wpml_translations.language_code = 'en' OR 0 ) AND 61e_posts.post_type  IN ('page','attachment','wp_block','acf-field-group','displayed_gallery' )  ) OR 61e_posts.post_type  NOT  IN ('page','attachment','wp_block','acf-field-group','displayed_gallery' )  )  ORDER BY 61e_posts.post_date DESC  made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts

To fix the issue, I would need your ftp access so I can use adminer to access to database and fix it. Being so, can you please provide me ftp access in the next private reply. Make sure to backup your site before providing the details.

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 4:39 am
September 10, 2019 at 5:30 am #4541927

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I checked your ftp and can see debug.log is not enabled at all, also, the database seems fine, so I wanted to know how you created the debug.log?

Also, did you contacted the host for the log? as it's php error log not server error log, can you reach out to the host once for server error log once?

Also, did you checked my suggestion earlier about using "Display as Translated", will that help for you?

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 10:58 pm #4549145

Dallas

Hi Shekhar,
We previously sent the WPML debug information from here:
hidden link

The php error file 'error_log' is the other debug information we had sent through from: hidden link

We have tried enabling debug.log but no success - can you try to do this? Otherwise I will need to check with my developer.

I chatted with Bluehost support and they only provided the 'error_log' file and said that's the only one they have.

As for your "Display as translated" feature... I tried using it but are getting server errors as well... can you try this and see if the blogs and categories work as intended? But what we really want to do is just have one centralised blog on our website that serves all our multi-regional subdirectories.

After this point we are going to reactivate the WPML by IP Redirect plugin hidden link to automatically redirect users based on their geo locations... or do you recommend a different method for that?

Thanks,

Dallas

September 11, 2019 at 2:29 am
September 11, 2019 at 3:30 am #4550275

Dallas

Hi Shekhar, I have migrated the site, please check.

September 11, 2019 at 5:49 am #4550727

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you check the issue on the migrated site, the login details is same as your site.

I deactivated few plugins and it's working properly, so could you please confirm it once at your site too?

Thanks

September 12, 2019 at 3:39 am #4557971

Dallas

Please check the error I still get
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.