Este es el foro de soporte técnico de WPML, el plugin multilingüe de WordPress.

Todas las personas pueden leerlo pero solo los clientes de WPML pueden ingresar comentarios. El equipo de WPML responde en el foro 6 días a la semana, durante 22 horas por día.

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Noman hace 2 meses, 3 semanas.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Autor Publicaciones
julio 25, 2019 a las 8:03 am #4280493

Iñigo

Hola

Necesito traducir algunos textos que usa el Tema que tengo instalado en mi web.
Por ejemplo el boton "READ MORE" que aparece en la grillo de post en la siguiente url: hidden link

Gracias.

julio 25, 2019 a las 10:02 am #4281655

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am going to reply this in English, if you still need Spanish support please let me know.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 96MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 96Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

2. I noticed you are using an older version of WPML plugins in your site, please go to WP Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add new >> Commercial tab >> and try to update plugins from there.

2.1 If still issue persists, please update manually every WPML plugin with the latest ones downloaded from your
account page. To do a manual update please follow these steps:

- Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

- Deactivate the existing WPML plugins and add-ons.

- Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

- Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.

- Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Please try to re-save the translation:

- Go to WPML >> String Translation >> Search and Open your translated text >> delete the translation >> Save.

- Then again go to: String Translation >> Re-add your translated text >> and re-save. Make sure that "Translation is complete" checkbox is selected.

4. Please delete all sort of caches on your site / server cache / plugin cache / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache and then check the page.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

julio 26, 2019 a las 7:39 am #4287937

Iñigo

Hi Noman,

Now is perfect.

Thanks.

julio 26, 2019 a las 8:57 pm #4291789

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Glad to hear that its working good now 🙂 Can you please mark this ticket as resolved and leave some rating for the support your received from me.

Thank you and have a great weekend.