Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to display a translated version of the global footer created in DIVI Builder when switching languages on their website. The footer remained in German regardless of the language selected.

Solution:
1. We accessed the Divi >> Theme Builder page.
2. We edited the Global Footer to check its name.
3. We navigated to WPML >> Translation Management and discovered that the correct footer template was not fully translated.
4. We completed the translation and verified that the correct translation now appears on the frontend.

If you're experiencing a similar issue, we recommend you:
- Check the name of your global footer in the Divi >> Theme Builder.
- Ensure that the footer template is fully translated in WPML >> Translation Management.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need help, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
February 19, 2024 at 1:46 pm #15318701

mericI

We are already finished with this project.
But we have no idea how we can make a english version of the global footer we made in DIVI Builder.
You can now switch from german to english and all content is shown in english version (Thanks to WPML) except the Footer, because its a global footer, we have always the same footer in german or on english site version.

Because of that, i do now change the global footer in english, but this is no real and good solution for our client.
When you visit the german version the footer is english...

So i dont know what to do .....

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-19 um 13.33.41.png
February 19, 2024 at 2:31 pm #15319012

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You should be able to translate the Divi footer template by following the below steps:

1. Please go to WPML >> Translation Management page.
2. Select the Footer template
3. Translate the template and see if this resolves your issue.

Here is a doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-custom-global-header-footer

If the issue persists, please try to follow the below errata and see if this resolves your issue:
https://wpml.org/errata/divi-global-footer-translation-is-not-displayed-upon-changing-the-default-language/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

February 22, 2024 at 9:41 am #15332238

mericI

Issue Persisting with Footer Translation despite Following Tutorial

Dear Mr. Noman,

I am reaching out regarding the issue we've encountered while attempting to translate the footer on our website, following the steps outlined in your tutorial.

I successfully located the "Footer Template" in the Translation Management Page and completed all the necessary translations as per our requirements. Subsequently, I saved the changes and cleared the cache using WP Rocket. However, upon testing the webpage, we observed that the footer language did not reflect the expected translations when switching from the "German" to the "English" version.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, I inserted the provided code into the function.php file today. After saving the changes and clearing the cache once again, we reloaded the frontend. Regrettably, the problem persists, and the footer on the English version of the website remains in the German language.

We would greatly appreciate your guidance in resolving this matter. If there are additional steps or considerations we should be aware of, please advise accordingly. Your assistance is invaluable, and we look forward to a swift resolution.

If you wish you can logg in and try to solve the issue....

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,
Meric

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-22 um 10.31.54.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-22 um 10.33.43.png
February 22, 2024 at 9:47 am #15332327

mericI

Another screenshot of the translation we did

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-22 um 10.46.04.png
February 22, 2024 at 11:05 am #15332981

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for trying the above steps. To take a closer look at this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

February 22, 2024 at 12:47 pm #15333583

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for sharing the login details. I’ve followed the below steps:

1. I went to Divi >> Theme builder page.
2. Edited the Global Footer to check it’s name.
3. Went to WPML >> Translation Management page and found that the correct footer template was not fully translated.
4. I tried to complete the translation to check if it shows the correct translation at frontend and it seems to be working correctly now.

Here is the links of the correct footer template:
hidden link

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

EN footer 1.png
default footer.png
Footer template name.png
February 22, 2024 at 1:36 pm #15333821

mericI

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude once again for the prompt support provided by the WMPL team, especially from the support representative Noman. Despite receiving excellent guidance, it appears that we mistakenly carried out the translation in the wrong location. We are truly appreciative of the swift assistance and implementation, and we are pleased with the outcome.

February 22, 2024 at 7:20 pm #15335463

Noman
Supporter

Thank you so much for all your feedback and compliments 🙂 We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide this detailed feedback, it helps us to provide better support.

Thanks again.

mericI confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-22 13:36:39.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.