Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing a loop issue when users attempt to reset their passwords using the 'WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency' plugin. Instead of being redirected to the password reset form, users are redirected back to the initial form requesting their email or username.
Solution:
We identified that the issue might be related to the WooCommerce Endpoints (Store URLs) settings in the WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency > Store URLs section. We recommend checking these settings and ensuring they are correctly configured. Additionally, performing a full backup before making any changes is advisable.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket. Also, please check the related known issues and verify that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can contact us through the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
June 5, 2024 at 4:24 pm #15708132

pabloH-7

Background of the issue:
I am trying to help users reset their passwords on my site hidden link. When users try to reset their password, they are asked to provide their email or username. They receive an email with a link, but instead of being redirected to a form to reset their password, they are redirected back to the form asking for their email or username, causing a loop. The plugin causing the problem is 'WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency'.

Symptoms:
Users are stuck in a loop when trying to reset their password, being redirected back to the email/username form instead of the password reset form.

Questions:
How can I fix the password reset loop issue caused by the 'WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency' plugin?
Is there a known compatibility issue between WPML and the 'WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency' plugin?
Are there any specific settings in WPML that need to be adjusted to resolve this issue?

June 6, 2024 at 6:50 pm #15713105

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

I apologize for the delay. Just letting you know that I'm still checking on this and I will come back to you as quickly as possible.

June 7, 2024 at 8:53 pm #15717798

Kor
Supporter

I regret any inconvenience caused, but to proceed with troubleshooting, I kindly ask for a snapshot of the site. Alternatively, with your permission, I can create one myself. For this purpose, I typically recommend using the free plugin "Duplicator." If you're already familiar with Duplicator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and simply send me the archive file you downloaded.

To guide you further, please adhere to these instructions:

1. View the Duplicator instructions video: hidden link

2. Consult WPML's instructions on providing supporters with a copy of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

3. If the archive file exceeds 400MB, please use Duplicator's file filters to exclude cache, wp-uploads directory, media, and archive files.

Once you have the archive file ready, kindly share the link with us. You can utilize platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar for file sharing, as the snapshot file might be large.

Please note that your next reply will be private, visible only to you and me. You can paste the file link there. Rest assured that once the issue is resolved, I will delete the local site.

June 10, 2024 at 7:03 pm #15723682

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

I've successfully downloaded a duplicator copy from your website. I'll examine it thoroughly and get back to you promptly with any findings.

June 11, 2024 at 9:12 pm #15729018

Kor
Supporter

Just letting you know that I would need more time to investigate this and I will come back to you as quickly as possible.

June 13, 2024 at 10:49 am #15735656

Kor
Supporter

Sorry, I cannot find any solution to this yet and I will escalate this to our 2nd Tier Support for further investigation. I will come back to you once I've feedback.

June 24, 2024 at 6:07 pm #15810339

pabloH-7

Hello.
Please let me know if there is any update on my issue.

June 25, 2024 at 6:17 pm #15824257

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response. Apologies for the delay. We are currently investigating this matter and will get back to you as soon as possible.

June 26, 2024 at 6:57 pm #15836765

Kor
Supporter

This should be fixed now and could you please try again?

June 26, 2024 at 11:58 pm #15837809

pabloH-7

Hello.
The problem is solved. Thank you for your support. If it is possible, I would like to know what was the issue.
Have a nice day.

pabloH-7 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-26 23:58:22.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.