Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertH-58 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 21, 2022 at 4:15 pm #11712641

robertH-58

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translate website

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
rosho.world.
---

"Connection failed! Please refresh the page and try again. (cURL error 7: Failed to connect to api.wpml.org port 443: Connection timed out)"

When I try to use the plugin-installer from WPML on my website I get this error.
---

On top of a 1 minute loading on pages, even when activated WPML doesn't allow to translate automatically as well.

"There is a problem connecting to automatic translation. Please check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes. If you continue to see this message, please contact our support team."

July 21, 2022 at 4:30 pm #11712705

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please take note that you have published access credentials publically on this ticket, which for I have removed now.

For the issue, this is very likely related to a server firewall.

Please contact your hosting company and ask them to set those URLs on the whitelist:

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

If this will not solve the issue, please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

July 22, 2022 at 7:19 am #11716731

robertH-58

Thanks. It was some security measures on the .htaccess files for the plugin folders. Hosting service is SiteGround.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.