The Media Translation module allows to display the same media files in different languages. You will be able to add translations for image captions, description and titles, without having to upload the same images to translated content.
|Images in Elementor video widgets not replacing themselves||3||1 week ago|
|Images not deleted from the server's file system||3||1 week, 1 day ago|
|Media Translation issue||2||2 weeks, 2 days ago|
having problems with gallery pages not showing the correct language
In the meantime we can provide the following workaround:
Go to wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/gallery/widgets/gallery.php
$attachment = get_post( $id );
$attachment = get_post( apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $id, 'attachment', true ) );
as shown in this screenshot: https://d.pr/i/98WHEf
|3||1 month, 2 weeks ago|
|Wpml doesn't work properly with media translations in Elementor galleries||2||1 month, 3 weeks ago|
|Incompatibility between wpml and wp-stateless plugin||2||2 months ago|
|Issue with WPML Media & updating a page||2||2 months, 2 weeks ago|
Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Argument ID must be numeric
Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Argument ID must be numeric and greater than 0. in /home/anarchq/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php:29 Stack trace: #0
|2||2 months, 2 weeks ago|
|Media Translation||2||2 months, 2 weeks ago|
|image introuvable suite à la suppression d'un produit dans la langue par défaut||2||2 months, 4 weeks ago|
|Images inserted with Elementor not visible in translation||2||2 months, 4 weeks ago|
|Edit of images||2||2 months, 4 weeks ago|
|Unclear about media duplication, problem with WPML on dev site||2||3 months ago|
|Images en double dans la gallerie||2||3 months, 1 week ago|
I have thousands of duplicated images left that need deleting
After deactivating WPML my media library has duplicate images.
The WPML plugin adds database entries for the media of the website and attaches language information to them.
So for each language, you will have a separate media entry in the database for each language.
It is not the actual media file on your server and it is a database entry. If you do not want to use WPML anymore you need to follow the steps below:
- Create a backup of your website. You can use backup tools from WordPress: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/backup/
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Media > Library".
- From the top admin bar change the language to the second language.
- Select all the media there and delete them.
- Now you deleted all the database entries for that specific language.
- Now if you reset WPML you will not have the duplicated image entries.
- If you have more than one language you need to follow the steps above for each language except the default one as you do not want to lose the database entries for the default language.
|2||3 months, 1 week ago|