This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The Chinese (simplified) flag is missing on my Frontend and Backend.

Solution: #1 As this is not causing any other issues you can download the flag here https://wpml.org/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags/zh.png and upload it under WPML -> Languages -> Edit Languages as "Custom Flag".

#2 Or upload it to wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags/zh-hans.png

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by markoU-2 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 8:26 am

markoU-2

I am trying to: add a chinese (simplified) flag to the menu

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the chinese (simplified) flag

Instead, I got: the language (zh-hans) written

August 8, 2019 at 8:56 am
August 8, 2019 at 8:59 am #4361239
markoU-2

Hi, I also have another issue. I would want the pages to be opened in a local (browser) language. If the browser language is chinese, the pages would open in chinese and so on. I didn't get this work yet

New threads created by Marcel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/browser-language-redirection-4/

August 8, 2019 at 8:59 am
August 8, 2019 at 9:12 am #4361379

markoU-2

Hi Marcel, this is way too difficult. These are very technical questions

August 8, 2019 at 9:48 am #4361595

markoU-2

I am sorry, but I do not understand your instructions. I am not very technical

Is there any easier way to fix the issue with missing flag symbol? It should not be so difficult

August 8, 2019 at 9:53 am #4361609

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi, I'm migrating your site right now, then we can check in detail while the flag icon is missing. I see that also the Backend changed the layout, so this looks like a compatibility conflict.

I will update you when the migration process is finished. For your second question, I opened another ticket.

Best Marcel

August 8, 2019 at 10:07 am #4361655

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for the info, I migrated the site for you. First I reinstalled WPML to check if this was not done correctly on you site, but this didn't solved the problem.

#1 As this is not causing any other issues you can download the flag here https://wpml.org/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags/zh.png and upload it under WPML -> Languages -> Edit Languages as "Custom Flag".

#2 Or you upload it to wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags/zh-hans.png

I was also not able to reproduce the changed layout on the WPML settings on our hosting environment.

Best Marcel

August 8, 2019 at 10:29 am #4361823

markoU-2

Hi Marcel,

Thank you! I got the flag to the web-site now

The language redirect is still not working. I did read your instructions. What could we do? The other alternative is to use English as a main language, but then I need to do the menus again?

August 8, 2019 at 10:48 am #4362021

markoU-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!