This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by benjamin 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohammed.

Author Posts
November 18, 2015 at 11:04 am #748794

benjamin

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
- hidden link
- mitglieder.shiatsuverband.ch (the same problem appears here)

we are working on hidden laguages like FR and IT which works fine.
when we want a preview (seite ansehen) of the translated side, it leads always to the homepage, though the link seems to be correct

this happend after update to 3.2.7.

I appreciate your help and kindly provide you with an admin login if needed.

best regards ben muller

November 18, 2015 at 1:55 pm #749145

Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum,

We have released WPML 3.3 . Please update WPML and it's add-ons to the latest versions.

Then, please test the website in the minimal environment,
To do that, disable all non WPML plugins and activate one of the default themes(e.g twenty fifteen) .

// NOTE : Please make a complete backup of your website, before updating. The update should go without problems, but in case something goes wrong it is good to have a backup.

Thanks.

November 18, 2015 at 7:17 pm #749532

benjamin

Hi Mohammed

I updated everthing like you said, disabled all other plugins but stayed with the Theme "Aktina".*
But still, if the a language is hidden, the link frontend preview the side leads to the homepage.

if all languages are active, the problem disappears!

*if I change the Theme for testing reason I'm gonna loose all the placement of the widgets individual menues sidenavigation once I go back to Aktina -> to much work

So I think, since we are going online soon with all languages, we can live with that problem!
But anyway I belive it is good to know for you guys.

thanks und best reghards, ben

November 19, 2015 at 8:09 am #749764

Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Hi Benjamin,

Hidden languages aren't supposed to show in the languages switcher.

Could you please mention how you configured the languages switcher in WPML > Languages > Language switcher options ?

Is it a feature in your theme ?

FYI,The recommended way for adding a language switcher is to add it to a menu or a widget from WPML available configuration screen in WPML > Languages > Language switcher options.

Thanks.

November 19, 2015 at 8:47 am #749807

benjamin

Hi Mohamed

I explained it not correctly. if Languages are hidden, of course they do not show up in the menuebar.
then, when for example one is working in the dashboard on these languages and for checking reason you would like to see how it looks like, you click the preview buttton on that specific side, ok.
but instead to the side in the frontend, the links leads to the homepage.

this I think is an issue of wpml, it happened after upgrading to 2.7.3 and then to 3.3

so how I mentioned, since we are going online soon with all languages, it is not an issue anymore for us, but the bug of course remains.

thanks and best regards, ben