This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 3:02 pm #3924069

lotusc-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to put Brazil flag and Portugal flag in same selection switcher because it's same language spoken
Is there any documentation that you are following?
no
Is there a similar example that we can see?
i dont know
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 30, 2019 at 5:08 pm #3925275

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support forum.

Do I understand right, that you would like to combine both flags into one image?

You can find the flags on your server at \wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\res\flags.

If I understood your request correctly you could try to desing your own flag by using the default images, cutting them repectively and creating a new png.file of both. Make sure to keep the dimensions of 18x12 pixels.

Afterwards upload your custom flag at WPML -> Languages -> Edit languages -> Custom flag.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 1, 2019 at 8:33 am #3934599

lotusc-2

thanks Andreas fro replay
but i want to Determination IP if this user from Brazil or Portugal to redirect it to Portuguese language which i have because it's same language but different counties
how can i do that ? !

June 3, 2019 at 3:51 pm #3943995

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would advise you to use plugin to achieve this. Please have a look at the following selection and try which plugins suits your needs. I would suggest you to redirect the usere by using one of these Plugins. They have been tested and are compatible with WPML.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=redirect&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Kind regards
Andreas

June 11, 2019 at 1:07 pm #3995517

lotusc-2

if i use this plugin it's could be redirect to 2 different countries in same time ?
i mean one visitor from Brazil and one visitor from Portuguese
and i have just Portuguese language i want when some body from Brazil visit my site then automatically redirect to Portuguese because it's same language speaking
so if i use this plugin it's exactly help me in my this issue or not ?

June 11, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3996249

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

To be honest I can just speak for other customers, as I did not use such plugins myslef so far, but other customers comented that this plugin does very well when it comes to redirecting:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/

In addition to straightforward URL matching you can redirect based on other conditions:

Login status – redirect only if the user is logged in or logged out
WordPress capability – redirect if the user is able to perform a certain capability
Browser – redirect if the user is using a certain browser
Referrer – redirect if the user visited the link from another page
Cookies – redirect if a particular cookie is set
HTTP headers – redirect based on a HTTP header
Custom filter – redirect based on your own WordPress filter
IP address – redirect if the client IP address matches
Server – redirect another domain if also hosted on this server
Page type – redirect if the current page is a 404

The plugin is compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/plugin/redirection/

You can find the full documentation here:
hidden link

The plugin is for free which for I would advise you to test it. I would further advise you to contact their support for more detailed questions:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas