Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: There are 2 products in Italian that appears in any languages

Solution: The 2 products, even if they are in Italian, are listed among English products. English is the default language, and in WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation Products are set as "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" so that's why they appear in any language. Deleting them or setting the Products to "Show only if translated" solves the issue

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
March 7, 2019 at 11:39 am #3283995

hooiC

I am trying to: remove 2 products not supposed to be in the spanish shop. in the product page in wooC, only 3 products not 5 products. i cleared the wpml cache under wpml-support-troubleshooting. it worked half an hour ago but now when i went back they came back again!

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 7, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3284360

hooiC

Hi Laura, I realised I may have assigned too many tickets to you, would you like me to assign this to someone else to look at? the issue is I have a 8am meeting tomorrow and i need all the issues resolved by end of today

March 7, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3284594

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

you can try to reassign to somebody else if you prefer, but we cannot guarantee they will be resolved by the end of the day. We have a high workload at the moment so if you open a ticket in the forum now I don't think it will be picked up before tomorrow.

March 7, 2019 at 1:08 pm #3284609

hooiC

Hi Laura, I don't really want to re-assign. but are you able to help me with this issue today? do you need access to our dev site? please send private link

March 7, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3284938

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I will do my best, but I can't guarantee anything. I work on chat too, and if there are many of them incoming I need to address them first.

If you didn't change dev site credentials, I already have them. But as I understand I can't do test there I'll try to do them on my copy.

March 7, 2019 at 3:19 pm #3285252

hooiC

Hi Laura, the issue of these 2 additional products(without images) are now appearing on all the sites(germany, french, spanish) . i did noticed these 2 poducts earlier in WooCommerce product listing and I removed and trashed them this morning. can you see these 2 italian products in the woocomerce products in your copy? if you can't see them, then you need to look at our development site. How can we update the shop for each language site so these items are removed. can this be removed in the backfiles?

March 7, 2019 at 4:59 pm #3285967

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the reason why you see those products in all language it's because in WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation Products are set as "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language"
and those 2 Italian products are listed among English products.
Since English is default language, they will appear in all language.

Removing them definitely (not just trashing them) should be enough to make them disappear, or you could also set Products as "Show only if translated" since this is what you want in any case.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

March 7, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3285972

hooiC

Hi Laura thank you for getting back to me. but how do you remove thse unwanted products permanently?

March 7, 2019 at 5:04 pm #3285976

hooiC

Hi Laura, if you look at the english site products - those 2 unwanted products already been trashed. how do you removed them permanently from the english site. but the languages still picking them up

March 7, 2019 at 5:05 pm #3285988

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you trash them, then go to the trash and you have the option to delete them permanently.

March 7, 2019 at 5:08 pm #3285994

hooiC

i can't see those unwanted products anymore to delete.

March 7, 2019 at 5:14 pm #3286037

hooiC

Hi Laura. I think I change the settings . so now those unwanted products no longer there! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

March 7, 2019 at 5:15 pm #3286039

hooiC

sorry, Laura the issue is still there!

March 7, 2019 at 5:23 pm #3286061

hooiC

unwanted products still there. first scenario: if you start from beginning, click on french site. go to shop. the 2 unwanted products(in the trash) are still there.
scenario 2: on the english site - shop. only 3 items appears. while still in shop page, switch language to french, the 2 unwanted products no longer there.
the issue is with first scenario.

March 8, 2019 at 7:02 am #3289592

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! not sure how the 2 unwanted products disappeared! I was trying to solve another issue and happened to disable and enable the Language filtering for AJAX operations and then click on settting:permalink. don't know if this fix the issue.