This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Strings from "translate texts in admin screens" are not added String Translation

Solution: Add the strings to String Translation by using a custom XML configuration at WPML -> Settings. https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by anthonyB-7 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 15, 2019 at 6:22 pm

anthonyB-7

I am trying to: translate 2 strings

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Scroll down and click on the "POSTULER" button. In the form, these strings won't use their translations:

- "Your cover letter/message sent to the employer"
- "Upload your CV/resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 32 MB."

I expected to see: The french translations that I added in String Translations.

Instead, I got: The default language (english)

I've tried pretty much every possible options from the troubleshooting page. I tried to delete the strings, add them again, re-translate (and make sure to check the translation is complete) but it still doesn't work.

I have a feeling something in our database isn't right. I installed the site locally and I have the same issue. I have disabled every plugins except ACF PRO, WP Job Manager and WPML plugins and I tried to switch to twentynineteen as well but I still see the strings in english.

April 15, 2019 at 9:19 pm #3616469

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I was able to locate the form strings on String Translation. You will find them when you click the option "translate strings in admin screens" at the bottom of the screen. Then scroll almost to the bottom of the page and look for the domain in regards to the job application form.

Anyhow, there been some issues when trying to add the string and at the end I was able to add the strings to String Translation by using a custom XML configuration at WPML -> Settings.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

I also realized that there are more than 20 updates for your plugins available, which also includes WPML. Please update any plugin and then translate the strings as explained above.

So far I did not see a string related to the "Choose file" button fact that this button is based on JavaScript and can be different from each Browser (See screenshot).

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 16, 2019 at 2:58 pm #3623257

anthonyB-7

But these strings aren't from the admin and on a fresh install I didn't translate the admin strings for the plugin and it worked fine.

Anyway, it works so it's all good!

Thanks!