This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
March 28, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3481913

Vladimir Macarov

I am preparing web site with Woocommerce where
Romanian is the main language and Russian is a secondary language.

I am trying to change any of 3 fields in the main language, namely
- the price of the product
(the price is shown only in one/single currency - Moldovan lei,
i.e. NO multi-currency options)

- Status of the product (i.e. published, draft, personal)

- Stock status (i.e. available in stock, stock empty, pre-order available)\

but these changes not shown in the secondary language.

I suppose that the problem is in certain settings of Woocommerce Multilingual of in settings of WML, but I cannot find them.

Besides, I found a similar matter that discussed about 1 year ago,
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/synchronizing-the-prices/
but these settings I cannot find, possibly WPML because of changes in WPML itself.

Furthermore, this ticket is described in details case when the settings should be done
every single product one by one, but it is not convenient if the number of products is more than 20,
But I have apr. 1000 products, so manner is applicable.

I expected to see:
when I change the price of the product, Status of the product or Stock status, in the main language, so these changes become in effect in the secondary language.

March 29, 2019 at 10:05 am #3490041

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

So updating the product one by one solves the issue?

When you change the price of the product, Status of the product or Stock status, in the main language, you will need to update the products translations too to synchronize the product, I think that this is not a huge task if it's done after the change is done in the default language.

You can also try this to bulk update the translation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/automatic-update-translation-woo-products/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 29, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3492571

Vladimir Macarov

Hi,

I will check, but for sure this is not solving my issue, because of this too complicated way.

Explanations,
It required one more operation, and this would be required to make a back-up before this operation.
So, in results, his way is not convenient for an e-commerce owner especially, if he/she make regular changes in the prices and changes product states.

I would be very grateful if you find the way to make mentioned synchronization automatically via settings in WPML.
Another way, could you please also ask assistance from other supporters.

Regards
Vladimir

April 1, 2019 at 5:06 am #3503847

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

This way is not convenient for an e-commerce owner.

As I mentioned in the previous reply, the workflow is to update the translation as soon as possible so I recommend you to follow this workflow for the future.

You can also submit a feature request if you wish from here: https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

April 9, 2019 at 10:35 am #3565489

Vladimir Macarov

Dear supporter Shakhar,

I don't understand your response
> When you change the price of the product, Status of the product or Stock status, in the
> main language, you will need to update the products translations too to synchronize the
> product, I think that this is not a huge task if it's done after the change is done in the
> default language.

Could you please provide more detailed explanations with screenshots

N.B.
The bad case that you don't understand my question, so this question could not be considered resolved.

April 9, 2019 at 10:44 am #3565523

Vladimir Macarov

Dear supporter
Also I kindly ask you again to ask the assistance from other supporters, because I feel like we just sped time for preparing messages to each other, but so real shifts in solving my question.

Or kind request, just to transfer this ticket to another supporter that have more experience in fixing such question.

April 9, 2019 at 2:07 pm #3567713

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I asked for suggestions from another supporter and after discussing I performed a fresh test on a new test server and I can confirm the following:

+ Price is synchronized properly and doesn't need an update to the secondary language.

+ Stock status is synchronized properly and doesn't need an update.

+ Product status (draft, published) doesn't get synchronized and it needs an update to be synchronized properly.

Could you also provide me a few links of products which has the issue, also, let me know how you are updating the products so I can check it further?

Further, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues need some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

April 10, 2019 at 11:29 am #3575455

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please provide feedback on this too.

Could you also provide me a few links of products which has the issue, also, let me know how you are updating the products so I can check it further?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 10, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3575803

Vladimir Macarov

I) Link examples for the same products for
- RO (=lang vesion by defaullt) and
- RU (=secondary language)

1.1)
ro
hidden link
ru
hidden link

1.2)
ro
hidden link
ru
hidden link

1.3)
ru
hidden link
ru
hidden link

1.4)
ro
hidden link
ru
hidden link

1.5)
ro
hidden link
ru
hidden link

II) I don't make any updating
2.1) kindly, please remember our main target - to AVOID any updating so, to make all necessary settings in WPML
so, it is OBVIOUS from the beginning.

N.B.
if you asking me so many times about "updating"
so, kindly please provide DETAILED explanations with SCREENSHOTS what EXACTLY to do make so-called product updating.
I am tried but this is JUST spending time for EMTY efforts
(=usually my client call it like like monkey job, sorry)

April 10, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3575823

Vladimir Macarov

and kindly please pay attention to your response

> + Price is synchronized properly and doesn't need an update to the secondary language.
>
> + Stock status is synchronized properly and doesn't need an update.

So, kindly, please make basic efforts for AVOIDING any so called operations like "product updating"

April 10, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3576165

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

All the links you posted can be fixed updating using the step as below: hidden link

You can also bulk update the products, the steps are explained here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/automatic-update-translation-woo-products/

For new products you can follow the steps as shown here:
hidden link

Thanks

April 10, 2019 at 1:10 pm #3576427

Vladimir Macarov

Dear supporter

Could you please re-read your previous E-mail
and kindly please pay attention to your response

> + Price is synchronized properly and doesn't need an update to the secondary language.
>
> + Stock status is synchronized properly and doesn't need an update.

2)
I kindly ask you considered your part about "product updating" like UNUSABLE for our client.
because of it is considered like the EXCESSIVE and additional step that has big possibility for
manual error

3) in case you have NO experience for such support
kindly please re-send this ticket to another supporter

Regards

April 10, 2019 at 1:13 pm #3576439

Vladimir Macarov

In case you have no rights for option 3)

namely
3) in case you have NO experience for such support
kindly please re-send this ticket to another supporter

please advise how I can do this step.

April 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm #3576655

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

+ Price is synchronized properly and doesn't need an update to the secondary language.
+ Stock status is synchronized properly and doesn't need an update.

Once you create a product and update its prices and status it doesn't need to be updated in secondary languages as shown in the video.

This is normal behavior and is happening on your site when you create a new product as I showed in the second video.

Also, I would like to clarify that the product update I am requesting to you as shown in the first video is only needed one time, you shouldn't perform this step every time you update the product. Once you update the product, from next time the update will not be required for the price and stock status as it will be auto synchronized.

It seems currently the products aren't synchronized properly, so I requested you to update it manually once.

Also, if you still want this ticket to be re-assigned to another supporter, let me know, I will ask one of my colleagues to take this ticket forward.

Thanks

April 10, 2019 at 1:37 pm #3576705

Vladimir Macarov

If telling the truth I nothing understand from your video and explanations

Could you please transfer this ticket to another supporter.