If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maratC 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 8, 2018 at 9:15 am #2026090

maratC

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your support, it was very helpful!

There are still 3 issues I could not handle yet. I have already used the information provided in public tickets and managed to fix most of the issues. However, I really could not deal with the last 3, so if could be so kind and have a look at my site with access details, you will be more than welcome to do so. (hidden link
Issues

1. The admin panel for users does not show all its features / buttons on the translated versions of the portal. In the original language we can see My profile, My properties, Add a property, Favourite, Saved searched, Bills and Log out…. while in other languages, there is only My profile and Log out buttons.

2. On the page PRICES, the translation was made automatically and with some mistakes. I tried to find and correct the mistakes, but with no success. (hidden link)

3. Is there an easy way to move the language selector to the right corner, like on your website?

Regards,
Marat

May 9, 2018 at 1:13 am #2042241

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

1. It looks like the user does not have the permissions on the other languages. How is this set in the default language? For example, is this an option that your theme has to allow the user to see these other options in the theme?

2. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue. About the prices being made automatically, are you using WooCommerce? Or is this also a feature of your theme?

3. Yes, you can add the language selector to the right. Have you noticed if within the options of your theme you can add some widget in the menu on the right? If your theme has no options, you will need to use CSS to add the menu to the right ( WPML > Languages > Language switcher options > Additional CSS).

ul#main-nav .wpml-ls-first-item {
    position: absolute;
    right: 0;
}

.header-section .header-right, .header-section-4 .header-right {
    position: absolute;
    right: 75px;
}

Note that you should first try to see if you can add a widget to the right header.

Thank you.

May 9, 2018 at 8:21 am #2046395

maratC

Greetings,

Thank you for your reply.

1. No, there is no such feature. In the default language the are those are those 7 buttons available for registered users admin page. And once I added 4 more languages, users admin page were automatically translated, but only 2 buttons were left.

2. There is a page PRICES, which were translated to 4 more languages. I mean I pressed on button + and copied the content from default language. However, it still translated to those 4 languages. Although, in the admin panel we can still see only default content in those pages.

May I just give you the access details, so you could have a look yourself?

Regards,
Marat

May 10, 2018 at 12:55 am #2063947

Bruno
Supporter

Hi Marat,

Sure. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 16, 2018 at 2:55 pm #2160108

maratC

Another place which was translated automatically and which I can not reach is the Search Section.....

May 17, 2018 at 2:23 am #2166264

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you

Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Also, when I try to access your FTP, this message is displayed:

Status:	Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command:	USER ******
Response:	530 Permission denied.
Error:	Could not connect to server

The error is "Permission denied". Maybe your server is blocking external access? Please, could you check? If necessary, you can edit your private message above, which will be displayed highlighted for you.

Thank you.

May 17, 2018 at 8:06 am #2169583

maratC

Greetings!

Thank you for your reply. Yes, you can make a copy / clone of my website, in order to fix the issue I have mentioned.
Normally, the server doesn't block any external access. Maybe I wrote the date in a wrong field.
The only details I insert are the following:
HOST: 5.189.139.163
USER: ...
PASSWORD: ...
Please, look at the screenshot.

Once I enter, the files take place int ..../home/admin/web/svetot.ch/public_html

Regards,
Marat

May 18, 2018 at 4:45 am #2185726

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I was able to connect to SFTP now according to your screenshots.

I also made a copy of your site to test this in my testing environment. I'll contact you soon.

Thank you.

May 19, 2018 at 12:51 am #2192645

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

1. Pages are not appearing on the secondary language menu because they have not yet been translated.

For these pages to be displayed in this menu, you must translate all the pages that are added in the menu. For example, to have the item "Add New Property", you must follow the steps below:

- Click on the Pages > All Pages
- Search for "Add New Property" (look at the "translate-add-new-property.png" image)
- Translate this page (just the title)

You must translate all the pages that are displayed in this menu "Add New Property", "Favourite properties", "Saved Searches", and "Invoices".

----

2. As I noticed, even the default language strings are translated - even with WPML disabled.

I noticed that these strings have already been translated into the file "houzez/languages/ru_RU.po" or "houzez/languages/fr_FR.po".

These strings, in fact, are in WPML > String Translation. As you may notice by search, for example, "Time period", you will see that this string is translated.

Apparently, these strings are not being retrieved from the description you enter in the "Membership Packages" pages, but rather the data that is added in "Houzes Packages > Houzes Packages". I tested following the steps below:

- Disable all WPML plugins
- Click to edit the "Membership Packages" page
- Insert some custom item on the page and update the post
- This is not displayed on the front end. I'll attach two pictures for you to see.
-- That is, the data is not being retrieved from the package page, but from the "Houzez Packages" page.

If you want to use these strings in English you must follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > String Translation
- Search the desired strings
- Use the translation in English
- Check the "Use my translation"
- Click on the "Save" button.
-- Look at the "string-translation-timep.png" image

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

May 26, 2018 at 9:05 am #2232764

maratC

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your help! Following your instructions, I am able now to fix everything. Incase of a problem I will contact you.

Regards,
Marat

May 26, 2018 at 9:07 am #2232801

maratC

Greetings!

Just as I wrote in previous comment, many thanks for your support!

Regards,
Marat