This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 8, 2018 at 2:47 pm

sandorP-5

Hello,

My site's main language is English.
I have created a Portuguese translation from this which is simplier compared to the English translation.
Now I would like to create a Serbian translation. I would like to copy the Portuguese pages to do this.
But I cannot seem to do this. If I copy the page then it also creates a new English translation to which the new page relates to. So then it does not belong to the translations I want them to relate.
On the edit page I cannot change this if the connection is already set. How can I change which is the translation of a page?

How can I copy a portuguese page to become the Serbian translation of both the Portuguese and English page?

I am not sure I could explain what is my problem, but hope you will figure it out.

Also, with Divi I woul be able to save templates od pages. But apprently I cannot import a template created in another language, because the builder cannot see it.

Thank you in advance.

November 12, 2018 at 8:41 am #2897770

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I suppose you are using the manual translator, could you please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:
- Create a post in the default language [English]
- Create a translation of the post [Portuguese]
- Now once the translation is completed, open the post editor in Portuguese language, you can switch the language from the wp-admin top bar.
- once the post is in the Portuguese language, create Serbian translation and click on copy content from Portuguese language.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] 3rd language cloning 2nd translation pages’ is closed to new replies.