If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 7, 2018 at 2:50 pm #2014840

Albert

I am trying to: Get up sell products being shown on the product page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (bottom)

I expected to see: See: hidden link at "Andere suggesties" at the bottom

Instead, I got: No up sell products whatsoever and an empty and locked field in the backend.

May 8, 2018 at 12:41 pm #2030292

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

The normal operation would be for all linked products to be translated to their translated equivalents upon saving the original product. Specifically the contents of the post-meta custom field "_upsell_ids" is translated by WCML module.

If this is not happening, then there might be a conflict with another plugin or theme.

1. Please ensure that all of your plugins and themes are at their latest release.

2. Diagnostic 1
Then as a diagnostic step,
2.1 please tempoararily deactivate all of your non-WPML plugins except for Woocommerce (this includes disabling all Woocommerce extensions).
2.2 create a new simple product and translate it.
2.3 edit the new simple product and add an upsell product - Update product.
2.4 Also update the translated product (just for grins)
2.5 Now view this product and the translation

Are the upsell ids the same? Or is the same problem happening?

3. Diagnostic 2
Now temporarily change your active theme to Twenty Seventeen and repeat the steps from point 2 above.

Are the upsell ids the same on this new product or not?

After you execute the diagnostics, you can restore your theme and plugins to their original activation state.

I wait for your feedback on these tests.

May 9, 2018 at 6:42 am #2043896

Albert

Since it's a live site I cannot disable plugins and themes.

I've tried to make a new product (in NL) and assign up sells to that and after that translating the post (duplicate) to English. Still no up sells in the english product.

But there is a caviat: NL -> DE (dutch to german) works fine, NL -> EN (dutch to english) doesn't.

So there must be something else.

May 9, 2018 at 7:37 am #2044952

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Well that´s an interesting clue = )

1. Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Test Product
Could you include a link to this test product you created so I can see it?

3. Additional plugin
Please install the ARI Adminer plugin so I can look at the post-meta and WPML config info.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] 3rd language related products locked, but not showing products’ is closed to new replies.