This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulaD-8 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 5:04 am

paulaD-8

Hi,

I need some help to fix this 404 error in my last post.

In my WP-admin posts list, I see two posts for the same recipe, one with clean URL and the other URL-2 (see attached screenshot). The one you can see on the home page is the URL-2, which takes you to a 404 error page when clicking on it. However, if you go to the same recipe in Spanish (hidden link), and click English, it'll take you to the correct English recipe (hidden link).

Can you help me, please? Do I need to delete one post?
I’ve already shared the photo on various platforms, so I would like not to lose all those links. And it’s also the home page post, so I would like to fix this ASAP.

I think this may be related to the fact that when I was translating the post into Spanish (the original language), I clicked "Finish", and it automatically published the post. Which wasn't supposed to happen, as I haven't even translated the Spanish post. So I guess this would be my other question. How do I translate a post without publishing it when completing the task?

Cheers,

Paula

August 12, 2019 at 7:11 am #4378715

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

For me, even the English version of the recipe (hidden link) was not loading.

I realized that you had the "Redirection" plugin installed (hidden link) and there you had some redirection rules (attaching screenshot).

I disabled those rules for the moment and now the links work just fine, as expected.

Can you please check and confirm if the issue looks resolved for you, too?

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 15, 2019 at 3:23 am #4398657

paulaD-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!