This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
April 3, 2015 at 8:31 am #593354

selimt

When I install this plugin WPML Multilingual CMS I get error 404 page not found in all page links with the permalink /%postname%/

I tried to uninstall all plugins and install just multilingual cms and still had the problem.

Did go to troubleshoot . It still dint work.

Changed the theme. Problem still exist.

I really need a quick turnaround cause my website looks terrible and I am losing visitors.

April 3, 2015 at 8:34 am #593357

selimt

hidden link This is my website link

April 3, 2015 at 9:09 am #593384

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Can you please activate temporarily WP_DEBUG and look if you have any errors ?

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Did you try with default theme (for instance theme 2015) ?

April 3, 2015 at 9:20 am #593393

selimt

WordPress database error: [Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=']
SELECT ID, post_name, post_parent, post_type FROM wp_posts WHERE post_name IN ('person-zauberer-buchen-zauberer-selim-tolga') AND post_type IN ('page','attachment') AND ( post_type NOT IN ('post','page') OR ID = (SELECT element_id FROM wp_icl_translations WHERE element_id = ID AND element_type = CONCAT('post_', post_type) AND language_code = 'de' LIMIT 1))

This is what I got after enabling the debug.

April 3, 2015 at 12:36 pm #593508

Andrey
Supporter

Thanks for the update !

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible – in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

April 6, 2015 at 8:25 am #594119

Andrey
Supporter

Can you please update WPML plugin to the latest version and check if you still get the 404 error ?

Make sure to take a backup first.

April 21, 2015 at 7:22 am #602974

selimt

I saw that you installed an old version of WPML on my site. And you ask me know to update to the new version? However that was what caused all the trouble at the beginning and I am scared to do so. Can I wait until you release another update which is more safe?

April 21, 2015 at 2:16 pm #603385

Andrey
Supporter

I believe that I didn't not install the old version of the plugin on your site, I would have asked you before.

We have released already the version 3.1.9.5 of WPML plugin, which solves the originally reported issue.

Let me know if it solve the issue.

The topic ‘[Closed] 404 error page not found when I use the plugin WPML Multilingual CMS’ is closed to new replies.