Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
November 6, 2013 at 3:07 am #287422

melissa

Hi,

The language switcher is working fine if i am on the homepage and I can then go to all pages within a given language. But when I am on a page (my exaple shown on the attachment is STORE>SALE) I get a 404 error. I have only noticed this since i updated to the latest version 3 weeks ago.

how can this be fixed?

WPML switch language.jpg
November 6, 2013 at 8:11 am #287498

Dat Hoang

Hello,

I'm seeing your site hidden link but I can not see broken links and can not reach to the link in the image you attach above.

Please give me the link where you see 404 error.

Thanks.

November 6, 2013 at 8:24 am #287508

melissa

hidden link

Actually anything with /product-category

hmmm is there anyway to change this to /store instead?

November 6, 2013 at 10:44 am #287678

Dat Hoang

Hello,

+ The link you provide, it works well. See the attachment.

+ hmmm is there anyway to change this to /store instead?
==> It's the setting in wp-admin -> Settings -> Permalinks -> Heading "Optional", option "Product category base" .

Thanks.

2013-11-06 17.41.45.png
November 7, 2013 at 8:21 am #288229

melissa

The link itself works, it's when you press the language switcher up the top. So I guess the direct link is for one of the errors is: hidden link

November 7, 2013 at 10:58 am #288404

Dat Hoang

Hello,

It may be something related to the connection between 2 languages.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Note that: please backup your site, and it would be better if you give me the test site rather than live site.

Thanks.

November 13, 2013 at 8:28 am #291284

melissa

I do not have a test installation

(content removed by Dat Hoang)

November 13, 2013 at 10:16 am #291397

Dat Hoang

Hi Melissa,

I've removed your content in the reply above. Note that our conversation is public. You should give me your credentials in the private box (see my attachment).

Please fill out your credentials again to confirm Disclaimer, then I will take a look at your site.

Thanks.

private-details.png
November 14, 2013 at 7:34 am #292119

melissa

sorry i didnt see the credentials box because i missed one tick - thanks for letting me know

please note that I do not have a test/dev site and it is SFTP and the path is root>var>

November 14, 2013 at 10:52 am #292305

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Thank for your credentials but both wp-admin and FTP seems incorrect.

Please check again.

Regards,
Dat

2013-11-14 17.52.08.png
November 14, 2013 at 2:07 pm #292494

melissa

I judt double checked - should be good to go now!

November 15, 2013 at 3:34 am #292802

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Thank you for your credentials. But it seems FTP credentials is wrong. If this ticket is not resolved as below, please check your FTP info again.

#1,
I've changed your settings:
+ Permalinks -> Settings -> Product category base : product-category
+ WPML -> String Translation -> Context 'URL product_cat slugs - product-category' , make sure you translate this string and mark 'Translation is complete' (I set 'product-category-cn' , you can change anything you want).

Now your links work well. E.g:
+ hidden link
+ hidden link

#2,
Please make sure you are using the latest version of WPML and its add-ons. We've released new versions that fix many bugs and errors for some days. You can compare between your site and here: http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/
Note that: backup your site before upgrading.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] 404 error when switching between languages when not on homepage’ is closed to new replies.