This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
January 10, 2019 at 8:55 am #3074905

Egritosgroup

Wordpress version: 5.0.2
WPML Multilingual CMS version: 4.1.3
String Translation version: 2.9.1
Translation Management version: 2.7.2

Every time I try to activate String Translation or Translation Management plugins, both the admin area and the front-end crash (404 error from nginx).

In the plugins area, it also says that wpml-string-translation is not up-to-date (after manual installation via ftp).

January 10, 2019 at 9:37 am #3075103

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

- Please enable error reporting in you site as I need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

To enable it, open your ‘wp-config.php’ file and look for ‘define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);’. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

- After adding above code then please visit frontend/backend of your site, this will create debug.log file in your site's wp-content directory. Please send me its contents.

Thank you

January 10, 2019 at 10:33 am #3075358

Egritosgroup
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:15 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/vendor/composer/../../classes/filters/autoregister/class-wpml-autoregister-save-strings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:15 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/vendor/composer/../../classes/filters/autoregister/class-wpml-autoregister-save-strings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'WPML_Autoregister_Save_Strings' not found in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php:317
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php(73): WPML_Register_String_Filter->get_save_strings()
#1 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php(255): WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name_and_context('Default Theme', '553b7d84af40256...', 'wcp-openweather...', false)
#2 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php(661): icl_translate('wcp-openweather...', '553b7d84af40256...', 'Default Theme', false, false)
#3 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): icl_sw_filters_gettext('Default Theme', 'Default Theme', 'wcp-openweather...')
#4 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_ in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php on line 317
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/autoregister/class-wpml-autoregister-save-strings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/vendor/composer/../../classes/filters/autoregister/class-wpml-autoregister-save-strings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'WPML_Autoregister_Save_Strings' not found in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php:317
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php(73): WPML_Register_String_Filter->get_save_strings()
#1 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php(255): WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name_and_context('Default Theme', '553b7d84af40256...', 'wcp-openweather...', false)
#2 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php(661): icl_translate('wcp-openweather...', '553b7d84af40256...', 'Default Theme', false, false)
#3 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): icl_sw_filters_gettext('Default Theme', 'Default Theme', 'wcp-openweather...')
#4 /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_ in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php on line 317
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:46 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(/var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/vendor/composer/../../classes/filters/autoregister/class-wpml-autoregister-save-strings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:46 UTC] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/vendor/composer/../../classes/filters/autoregister/class-wpml-autoregister-save-strings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[10-Jan-2019 10:31:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'WPML_Autoregister_Save_Strings' not found in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php:317
Stack trace:
January 10, 2019 at 10:55 am #3075428

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for sharing the error log. I have seen this error before, this error usually appears when there are files missing for the plugin. I strongly recommend to reinstall WPML. To do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Please backup your database and website.

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and delete it – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

3. Download the updated plugin from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory, make sure all files are successfully uploaded and process should complete without failure.

4. Activate the WPML plugin and its should work fine then. Please don’t forget to update all WPML addons to the latest versions.

-- If still issue persists after trying above, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

January 10, 2019 at 12:33 pm #3076005

Egritosgroup

In case it helps, when I try to activate string translation plugin, I got the following message in the debug.log:

[10-Jan-2019 11:12:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /var/www/kassandra.gr/wwwroot/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1889
January 10, 2019 at 4:42 pm #3077156

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

To further debug this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] 404 nginx error’ is closed to new replies.