This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When an order is place, we receive 4 of the same emails, and we have 4 languages set up.

Solution: The latest release (WPML 4.0) resolved this issue.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikeX 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 22, 2018 at 8:00 pm

mikeX

Hi, I think we went through this a year ago, and hoping there's a solution now. You guys added some code which "masked" the issue, but after a recent update it's back... and I'm not sure what code was added so can't repeat myself.

Everytime someone orders from the site using WooCommerce we get 4x confirmation emails as well as 4x the same bookings added to the calendar.

I have a feeling it was related to WPML as there are also 4 languages.

Thanks guys!

Mike

May 23, 2018 at 7:03 pm #2217851

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If I understand correctly, the admin is receiving 4 confirmation emails when a WooCommerce order is created. Is this correct? Does it only happen for booking products, or for all types of products?

I tried logging in to find some additional details but it seems I don't have full access to your site (plugins, posts, etc). Please provide me full access to further troubleshoot.

In addition, we have a new beta version of our plugins available. If you have a testing environment available, please test the latest release and see if anything changes with those versions.

Please let me know the results of these tests. Thanks!

May 23, 2018 at 8:12 pm #2218392

mikeX

Sorry, there was another plugin blocking your access as admin, it's ok now.

I tried the new plugins on a local copy, and I'm not getting any emails at all. I used WP Mail Log to check, and it seems like it tried to send the usual mail out but I never received them.

I also tried booking something in another language and no mail was fired at all.

There have only been bookings since this has been occurring, so not sure about other product types.

thx

May 24, 2018 at 3:26 pm #2224198

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks I am able to access the site now. I installed the WP Email Debugger and then opened up an order for testing. I sent both the order confirmation and customer email and received 1 email for each. So, it looks like this is resolved. Please let me know if you see anything different. I left the plugin installed in case you want to test it, but you can delete it when you are done.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 24, 2018 at 6:54 pm #2225002

mikeX

Very odd, I didn't touch anything... but just ran a test booking and only received one email and one calendar entry. Magic!

thx 🙂

May 25, 2018 at 10:23 pm #2231822

mikeX

Hey, so we just had a booking and again 4x emails and 4x calendar entries... Are you able to look into this further? Thx