This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauraN-2 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 1:57 pm

lauraN-2

Internal error 500 after publishing String Translation in Plugins. What is going on? I disabled it for now but this is a live site so please help fix this asap, thank you 🙂

October 3, 2018 at 4:52 pm #2785318

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I see, your site is using an outdated version of MySQL on your server. The minimum recommended version is MySQL version 5.6 (and above).

Also, WP memory is 40MB so we need to raise that to at least 128MB.

Here is a list of the WPML requirements:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

So, what I will need you to do is this (retry activating the String Translation plugin after each step):

1. Update the MySQL version to at least v5.6 (an admin of the server can do that usually)
2. Raise the WP memory to at least 128MB

You can add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values (like 256MB) it would be even better.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

October 4, 2018 at 8:45 am #2786720

lauraN-2

We have contacted our hosting provider and they have indicated that they are no longer working with MySQL and have switched to MariaDB instead. They have said that their current version of MariaDB should be recent enough for our uses and they cannot update it.

October 4, 2018 at 9:03 am #2786835

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

I see.

Did you at least manage to try step 2 and test after that to see if the issue is still happening?

Please let me know.

October 12, 2018 at 8:10 am #2811089

lauraN-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!