This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: 500 error message when trying to acces the Pages / Products section in admin

Solution:upgrading PHP version to PHP 7 resolved the issue

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by istvanK-5 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 30, 2018 at 1:46 pm #2862066

istvanK-5

Hy,
As the title suggests when I'm trying to acces the Pages or Products section in my wordpress Admin dashboard the site breaks and gives 500 error.

I tried serveral debug and fix methods but none solved the problem, no wordpress debug information shows error, the only fix I found until now is deactivating the Wpml translation management module.

October 30, 2018 at 11:27 pm #2863822

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

please increase your MySQLVersion to 5.6+ as that is a minimum requirement for WPML to run smoothly

additionally i understand you mentioned that here is not errors showing anywhere but if possible just double verify for me that the error log is completely empty

I would need to see the detail of the error. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

Another step here would be to test for a theme/plugin compatibility issue with WPML

i recommend doing this on staging enviroment to not interupt the live site

-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

NOTE: if you do not have access to a staging/dev enviroment , please let me know and we can do the test in our staging servers or local enviroment.

October 31, 2018 at 11:40 am #2865579

istvanK-5

My issue is resolved now I think, I tryed the debuging and fixing tools inside of wpml again, i set a php version of 7 and asked the administrator to install some modules on the server, and it seems everything is ok now. Thank you!