Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauraN-2 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 10:18 am #2816958

lauraN-2

I am trying to: We've translated all of the pages on our website and it was working perfectly fine on our temporary domain. We've now moved the website to the actual domain and the translations are not showing on the website. Furthermore, whenever we try to edit the pages in the backend we get an HTTP 500 internal server error. We've already changed the website key to the new domain and changed the WP memory limit but the issue persists.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A fully functioning website in both Dutch and English

Instead, I got: A website only functioning in Dutch, which we cannot edit.

October 16, 2018 at 5:14 pm #2821964

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I would need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

The WordPress debug mode will help us see the errors happening in the backend that are causing the 500 error to happen.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 17, 2018 at 9:33 am #2823999

lauraN-2

Hi Mihai,

I've added the code you mentioned to the wp-config.php file but I don't see the error_log.txt file in the site's root directory. I wanted to add the wp-config.php file so you could have a look but I don't see the option to add a file. So I've added a screenshot instead. Could you let me know what's wrong?

Thanks!

October 17, 2018 at 2:30 pm #2824931

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Can you please check in the wp-content directory for the log and see if it's there?

If not, let's try these other steps:

1st step (you already did this one I think so you can ignore it if you did):

Open the wp-config.php file and search for this line:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

2nd step:

Please add the following line in the wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now the errors will be logged in the debug.log file inside the '/wp-content/' folder.

Now please do again what you did before that caused the 500 error to happen.

After that, please post the content of 'wp-content/debug.log' file here in the forum or on pastebin.com if it is too big.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 18, 2018 at 9:20 am #2827384

lauraN-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!