This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 3:38 pm #2812473

Heather

I get a 500 error when trying to access the category or tags page.

/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=category
/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=post_tag

These pages load fine if I disable the WPML plugin.

The current memory limit for the site is 256M.

October 13, 2018 at 7:43 pm #2814436

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

i suspect that there might be a slight plugin incompatibility that can cause this with a 3rd party plugin or theme.

do you currently have a testing environment , so i can suggest a quick test to rule this possibility out ?

if not , please let me know and we can do this with my local environment in order to not disrupt your live site.

additionally it would be helpful to check for any other errors that might have been logged within your error log

You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

The topic ‘[Closed] 500 internal server error on the category and tag page when WPML plugin active’ is closed to new replies.