This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 6:21 pm #4317261

nordinA

I have not touched the website for 2 weeks and all of a sudden this happens. Is WPML that vulnerable to faults and defects it can not even run on a wordpress installation that's left untouched for 2 weeks? I hope not...so far I'm losing faith in WPML. I think this is really bad but hope someone from support can help here.

I am trying to:

Whenever I access the other language, in this case english (/us) it gives an internal server error:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Well, the translated version like it used to work before. Only when I refresh the internal server error page it shows the page.

Instead, I got: Internal server error.

Yes, I have enabled debug information and I see a few errors but they make me none the wiser.

July 31, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4317263

nordinA

It says It can not add the de-bug information even adding the de-bug lines of code from the error log...it won't add here in the support forum!

July 31, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4317371

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

I was able to reproduce the issue.

at first it works as expected but on the second language change i get the Internal Server Error.

I see the following error on the front end but it is not pointing to WPML rather it points to "premium addons for elementor" plugin but still a notice should not cause an Internal Server Error

Notice
: Undefined index: premium-templates in
/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/premium-addons-for-elementor/admin/settings/modules-setting.php
on line

1. if possible please provide me with your error log which should be able to give us some more information

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.
(sometimes you have to wait a bit for the error log to be generated)

2. What is your current WP MEMORY LIMIT , PHP and MySQL version, and TimeLimit ?

August 5, 2019 at 8:54 am #4339125

nordinA

I will get back to you about this as quick as I can, because this matter is urgent and it needs to be fixed. I am trying to make backups through updraft but the website is too big so it won't make full back-ups, so you can work on the issue through admin details.

August 5, 2019 at 5:44 pm #4342315

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

We can also try making a duplicator package (excluding media and uploads files to make the size smaller) and test on a local environment in case of updraft not working.

i will leave this ticket open and update me once ready here so i am notified

The topic ‘[Closed] 500 internal server error (starting to lose faith in wpml!!!!)’ is closed to new replies.