This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 20, 2019 at 1:25 am #3648599

jaredR

When I updated all the WPML plugins my website started giving 500 errors with all of the translated pages. It seems the original English pages work fine. I have tried disabling all plugins except WooCommerce and WPML plugins and the problem still persists. I have rolled back to a previous working backup of all my plugins to keep my store operational. Also I have noticed that the WooCommerce store notice, which I use to announce promotions, does not show on the product pages, but will show on all other webpages.

I have included the debug information for the updated version which is producing the errors on the site.

April 20, 2019 at 3:46 am #3649463

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. When I access your website it looks like the products are being displayed correctly in Japanese. I'm not sure, though, if you've already updated your site again.

If you're still using the old version, you'll need to update the site so we can check what might be happening.

Please, could you enable debug to see if any error message is displayed? To do it, please check the steps in our documentation: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Then try again to check the problem. If any error message appears, please paste here in the post for me to see.

Thank you.

April 20, 2019 at 5:22 am #3649521

jaredR

Thank you for your assistance. I have updated my site for you to investigate. I have enabled debug mode in WordPress, but it is not generating a debug log. Therefore I assume there are no errors.

April 20, 2019 at 5:34 am #3649523

jaredR

Sorry, I had a duplicate line of code blocking the debug log from forming. Below are the errors it gives.

[20-Apr-2019 05:30:28 UTC] PHP Notice: price was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/archive-product.php'), wc_get_template_part, load_template, require('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/content-product.php'), do_action('woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item_title'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_template_loop_price, wc_get_template, include('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/loop/price.php'), WC_Product->get_price_html, apply_filters('woocommerce_get_price_html'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, fbs_woocommerce_get_price_html, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please see <a href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 3.0.) in /home/croscclh/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4667

[20-Apr-2019 05:30:28 UTC] PHP Notice: price was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/archive-product.php'), wc_get_template_part, load_template, require('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/content-product.php'), do_action('woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item_title'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_template_loop_price, wc_get_template, include('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/loop/price.php'), WC_Product->get_price_html, apply_filters('woocommerce_get_price_html'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, fbs_woocommerce_get_price_html, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please see <a href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 3.0.) in /home/croscclh/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4667

[20-Apr-2019 05:30:34 UTC] PHP Notice: price が誤って呼び出されました。商品のプロパティに直接アクセスしないでください。 Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/archive-product.php'), wc_get_template_part, load_template, require('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/content-product.php'), do_action('woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item_title'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_template_loop_price, wc_get_template, include('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/loop/price.php'), WC_Product->get_price_html, apply_filters('woocommerce_get_price_html'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, fbs_woocommerce_get_price_html, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong 詳しくは <a href="hidden link">WordPress のデバッグ</a>をご覧ください。 (このメッセージはバージョン 3.0 で追加されました) in /home/croscclh/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4667

[20-Apr-2019 05:30:34 UTC] PHP Notice: price が誤って呼び出されました。商品のプロパティに直接アクセスしないでください。 Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/archive-product.php'), wc_get_template_part, load_template, require('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/content-product.php'), do_action('woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item_title'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_template_loop_price, wc_get_template, include('/plugins/woocommerce/templates/loop/price.php'), WC_Product->get_price_html, apply_filters('woocommerce_get_price_html'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, fbs_woocommerce_get_price_html, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong 詳しくは <a href="hidden link">WordPress のデバッグ</a>をご覧ください。 (このメッセージはバージョン 3.0 で追加されました) in /home/croscclh/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4667

April 21, 2019 at 6:32 am #3651749

jaredR

I have fixed the coding mistake which resulted in the "PHP Notice: price was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly" error in the debug file. However I am still having the same issues with the Internal Server 500 errors.

April 22, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3656341

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 23, 2019 at 4:07 pm #3666001

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. We release new versions of plugins today. Please, could you update all your plugins and check if the problem will persist?

Remember that it is recommended to back up your site before updating your plugins.

Thank you.

April 23, 2019 at 9:31 pm #3667671

jaredR

Hi Bruno, I have updated the plugins and my problem still persists.

April 24, 2019 at 1:22 am #3668067

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

This problem seems to be happening with the "WP Hide & Security Enhancer" plugin. After disabling it and regenerating the permalinks, the site worked correctly.

Note that this seems to be happening because the plugin mentioned above updates the .htaccess file and incorrectly adds the language code.

Please, could you test?

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 1:36 am #3668085

jaredR

You are correct. WP Hide does seem to be the problem. WP Hide is supposed to be a fully compatible plugin. Should I contact them about the problem or change plugins? What is your suggestion?

And thank you so very much for your hard work!

April 24, 2019 at 2:53 am #3668791

Bruno
Supporter

This seems to be a compatibility problem. To ensure that this plugin is made compatible with WPML we need to contact the plugin author and work with him on resolving the issue.

I have forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Our Compatibility Team will work with the author of the plugin for this to work properly.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 3:00 am #3668865

jaredR

Ok. Thank you. That is good to know.

I found the following errata on the WPML site. https://wpml.org/errata/htaccess-is-rewritten-with-language-folder/
I applied the code and activated the WP Hide plugin. With this it seems to work fine. Would you consider this a proper work around for now? I wish to maintain my website security as best I can.

April 24, 2019 at 12:27 pm #3672691

Bruno
Supporter

Yes. This may solve the problem for now and be a secure workaround.

Anyway, I've already forwarded this to our compatibility team so they can check if it's possible to create a permanent fix. Unfortunately, I do not have a deadline, though.

Thank you.

July 30, 2019 at 5:14 pm #4309841

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

First, my sincere apologies for the delay. Our compatibility team has already contacted the plugin author and forwarded a patch to fix the problem.

This may already be added in the latest version of WP Hide or may be released in some future version. This depends on the author of WP Hide.

Thank you.