This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 9:34 am

clementF-2

Hi,

I got 500 Internal Server Errors on the newly created pages when I refresh them (After pressing Ctrl + Shift + R)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

It happen only on the translated versions (to French) of the recently created pages.

I tried many solutions that I found online (resave permalinks, restore htaccess), but non of them worked!

I have attached a screenshot of my HTaccess file.
Thanks for your support.
Best,
Clément

June 12, 2019 at 11:32 am #4003559

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Clement,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just checked one of the pages that you recently created in French hidden link (I can see that it was added 3 hours ago) and I could see that it loads and after one second, it throws the internal error that you mentioned. Now, can you tell me if you tried to increase the PHP memory limit, please? You can easily do that by editing the wp-config.php file (through FTP) and adding this code to it:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Please give this a try and tell me if you still have this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

June 12, 2019 at 11:33 am #4003561

Radu
Supporter

Hey Clement,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just checked one of the pages that you recently created in French hidden link (I can see that it was added 3 hours ago) and I could see that it loads and after one second, it throws the internal error that you mentioned. Now, can you tell me if you tried to increase the PHP memory limit, please? You can easily do that by editing the wp-config.php file (through FTP) and adding this code to it:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Please give this a try and tell me if you still have this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

June 12, 2019 at 11:47 am #4003731

clementF-2

Hi Radu,
I did that! Unfortunately, I still have the issue... 🙁

June 13, 2019 at 9:35 am #4011189

clementF-2

Hi Radu,
Can you please get back to me... it's a little bit urgent!
Thanks

June 13, 2019 at 10:42 am #4012075

Radu
Supporter

Hey Clement,

Have you tried to reach out the hosting provider? He might be able to give you a few more details about what's causing this issue.
Also, you can try to add this code:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
define( 'WP_CACHE', false );

to the wp-config.php file, right before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line and tell me if the page shows a different error message instead of that internal server error one.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] 500 Internal Server Errors on newly created translated pages’ is closed to new replies.