This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 1, 2019 at 3:24 pm #3935447

markR-18

Tell us what you are trying to do?

72,000 translation lines were created in wpml. This greatly slows down the loading site.
however, the site is small - just a few pages
wpml plugins have been updated today

What do you advise to do in this situation?
I can give access to the site to the admin area - you can see inside - maybe the plugins are configured / installed incorrectly?

What is the link to your site?

lamps4makeup.com

June 3, 2019 at 7:07 am #3939705

markR-18

can you help with it?

June 3, 2019 at 9:46 am #3941011

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

String translation registers all the possible strings in your site, However, not all the strings are loaded on each page load. If you had added or removed a plugin the string translation scans and registers the available strings.

However, the issue here is when the strings affect the performance. Let me try to address this first.

Please follow the recommendations to improve the performance => https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

In addition to the above recommendation follow the below steps
- Secure a backup of your site before you proceed
- Goto WPML > Support > Troubleshooting (check screenshot)
- In the troubleshooting page click on the below buttons
- Clear cache with WPML
- Remove Ghost entires
- Recreate ST DB tables

Please let me know the results.

kind regards
Raja

June 3, 2019 at 9:55 am #3941117

markR-18

we made it but still have 10 000 lines

June 3, 2019 at 11:04 am #3941785

markR-18

we cleaned this list yesterday - up to 10,000 lines

but today they have become 22 thousand

hidden link

very quickly clogs up. it loads the base, reduces speed, eats memory multiplied by the traffic and the site is out.

What to do with it?

June 3, 2019 at 11:27 am #3941891

markR-18

Is it possible to limit String Translation to only one context (for example, woocommerce) so that it does not automatically scan and add others?

June 3, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3943533

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

String translation will automatically scan in the backend, However, this should not affect your performance, Could you please help us with some more information. Is it possible for you to get the slow queries using the Query monitor plugin, You might need to enable the WordPress debug option,

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

You will see the list of slow queries on each page load at the top bar, expand the Query monitor ribbon to view all the slow queries.

Please share the results with us. If you have any difficulty, please share a snapshot copy of your site You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Kind regards
Raja